Battery life

narrowroad

Hi all, I have a MXT and it shows me what the voltage is when I turn the machine on. My question is, at what point do you guys replace your batteries? Is there a certain voltage that you can expect to lose power around?

You will eventually get a "Low Batt" message on the LCD display.

Since the MXT has an internal voltage regulator to run the electronics at a constant voltage, I don't change my batteries until they get down to 9 Volts. I find this works quite well when using earphones rather than the internal speaker.

The "Low Voltage" will display at 8 volts. I've hunted mine two hours afterwards with no ill effects. I always change them when I get back home though.

Thanks guys, my MXT is new and I haven't run the batteries down yet so I wasn't sure what to expect. Nice to hear that it has a voltage regulator, I didn;t know that!

Thanks guys, my MXT is new and I haven't run the batteries down yet so I wasn't sure what to expect. Nice to hear that it has a voltage regulator, I didn;t know that!

The MXT must be one of the most economical high end detectors there is as far a battries are concerned. Always handy to carry a spare set just in case though, so as not to cut a days outing short.

Back
Top Bottom