• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A 1740's Farm With Nothing From the 1700's

mysteriousnesss

Elite Member
A new permission I had seemed really promising. Unfortunately it looks like they did a lot of work on the place over the years. I still had a fun time though and found some nice stuff. That is - once I realized they had an electric dog fence that was causing a ton of interference and got them to shut it off. They said I could come back and try the fields next time so hopefully I can find some older stuff.

Attachments

• 20200511_142828.jpg
    20200511_142828.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 367
The electric dog fence is your reason for not finding an LC in east coast MA ?

Tsk tsk, your east coast excuses are starting to sound like "sour grapes" if you ask me ! :sissyfight: :laughing:

The people that lived there in the 1700s didnt drop any coins because you could probably buy a loaf of bread for a large cent, LOL LOL.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I can relate....happens fairly often.....usually due to landscaping and/or detected before. Try and find the "virgin" spots that may remain and HIT THE FIELDS! I think next time you go back you'll have better luck....HH!

Lol i love your title, personally i would love to have the opportunity to swing over 1700's activity

I can relate....happens fairly often.....usually due to landscaping and/or detected before. Try and find the "virgin" spots that may remain and HIT THE FIELDS! I think next time you go back you'll have better luck....HH!
Ditto! I hunt quite a few 1700's early 1800's locations, they can be very disappointing for a myriad of reasons. People back then just didn't carry their coinage around with them, a few cents was exactly that, a loaf of bread, a couple brews etc
I always keep a mental attitude about such places, there may not be much but there's a chance it'll be a great find.
I also hunt lots of fields, they never fail to yield some things. Just have to methodically cover oddles of ground. But, same thing here, you may work your butt off but,
"hey look, it's a half reale" 1721 at that.

Back
Top Bottom