MT PLS moving to York, PA

Geostotle

Hello all. I'm a Professional Land Surveyor by day. I love metal detecting in my profession and digging up easter eggs left long ago by my colleagues. I'm a Schonstetd guy and have only looked for ferrous metals in rebar, drill steel, car axels, gun barrels, etc. that were called for monuments on the plat or deed of record. I have many digging tools but mostly rely on a rock hammer and a spoon. A high quality spoon (sharpened for cutting), or especially a big grapefruit spoon is a great addition to your field vest or pouch.

Anyway, PLS in Montana and Alaska but moving to York, PA for my wife's job. Hoping to meet some folks that like looking for history as much as I do. I'm highly trained at finding old survey corners and using a Shonstetd and Shovel but am anxious to learn more about searching non-ferrous metals! I have a Part 107 unmanned pilots license from the FAA and a couple of UAVs if anyone is interested in mapping their areas or searching new areas for high potential.

Mostly looking forward to meeting new folks and developing metal detecting as a hobby.

Tim in Helena, soon to be Tim in York.

Thanks everyone. I don't know anything about the east coast or anything about detecting for that matter. Just a guy that enjoys being outside and getting dirty. My new job is more in the office, so I need an excuse to go outside and do what I enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom