Cleaned Clads

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Hello All,
I just took pictures of my last 2 hunt clad totals. You can see how they looked before and after cleaning and also what I used to clean them with. If you find a lot of clads, this is a good way to clean them and not have to pay fees for using coin star. I just wrap them myself and cash them in at my bank ( free ).
I put about 2- 2 1/2 " of smaller aquarium stone in the canister. A good handful of clad coins ( no pennies ), just cover with white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of salt. Close the canister, shake up good and run for about 20 min, Take the canister out, shake up good and run for another 20 min. WA- LA dump in a colander and rinse good with water. Several member asked me how do I get my clad so clean so I shared my method. Works for me . The tumbler will pay for itself in no time and a lot less work for you. Good luck to all.
Bubbaron Nox 600, AT PRO, AT Carrot PIN POINTER

Try again, pictures didn't load ?

Attachments

• IMG_8754 (2).JPG
    IMG_8754 (2).JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_8757 (3).JPG
    IMG_8757 (3).JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_8759 (3).JPG
    IMG_8759 (3).JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_8761 (3).JPG
    IMG_8761 (3).JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 223
Bubbaron they turned out great. Banks would have to be crazy not to accept those. Well done.;)

Bubba, they turned out nice. We have very few if any banks around here that accept rolled coins, you must run them through a counter.

I just bought one of those HF tumblers here new for $35 after their 25% discount.

The last 2 times I rolled mine and cashed them in at my bank without any problems, this is what I did: I put all the coins in a 5 gallon bucket and added water and some dawn detergent. Then I took my electric drill and chucked a paint mixer rod in it and spun them around for a few minutes. They didn't come out as clean as yours, but the bank hasn't mentioned anything...over $100 worth.

Nice job on the clad cleaning. I use the salt and vinegar method with a tumbler also and they come out nice. At the two banks I do business with, they each have a coin machine so I don't even have to roll them and neither bank charges a fee. To me, Coinstar machines are for TAKING......not giving ! The fee they charge is like stealing.

I just used your method on some clad quarters and dimes I dug this morning. Wow! Can't believe how nice they came out. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks

Hello All,
I just took pictures of my last 2 hunt clad totals. You can see how they looked before and after cleaning and also what I used to clean them with. If you find a lot of clads, this is a good way to clean them and not have to pay fees for using coin star. I just wrap them myself and cash them in at my bank ( free ).
I put about 2- 2 1/2 " of smaller aquarium stone in the canister. A good handful of clad coins ( no pennies ), just cover with white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of salt. Close the canister, shake up good and run for about 20 min, Take the canister out, shake up good and run for another 20 min. WA- LA dump in a colander and rinse good with water. Several member asked me how do I get my clad so clean so I shared my method. Works for me . The tumbler will pay for itself in no time and a lot less work for you. Good luck to all.
Bubbaron Nox 600, AT PRO, AT Carrot PIN POINTER

Bubba, I tried your method and they came out really good. Thanks for the info. Like you I'm diggin alot of clad this year. Well for me its alot. Looks like the weather might moderate enough to hunt tomorrow. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom