Old school hunting equipment

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
No,not metal detecting.Deer hunting.Got this setup from a old timer,he called it a deer cinch.He said it works great.
First he said you gotta sneak up on a deer,and stab him in the ass with that big ole arrow.Once he’s stuck you gotta hurry up and pick up that round ring,and run behind that deer through the woods until you come upon a tree stump,that’s when you drop that ring over the stump,and you got him,he said that big old door spring is so he don’t break the chain,and wear himself out..:laughing:
Man did I ever laugh when he told the story,just plain nuts.

Attachments

• 1D7B2D27-49AA-4826-A172-07299B4D81D4.jpg
    1D7B2D27-49AA-4826-A172-07299B4D81D4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
My Friend (now deceased) told a tale of him and a friend when they were young deciding to try a method that they had been told was the way the Natives killed a deer.

One was to hide behind a log on a deer trail while the other guy flushed the deer and it ran down the trail.. The idea was that when the deer jumped the log he would spear it.

Well all went as planned till he tried to spear the deer and somehow the deer hit his arm breaking it

My buddy was the one flushing the deer.

I wish I had the skills to be able to sneak up close enough to a deer and be able to jam something like that in it's rear. Then again I'm sure the response would be a hoof to the skull.

I read an article once in a sportsman magazine of a long distance runner chasing a deer until it was too tired to run any further. The article said he went up, touched it on it's nose, turned and walked away. Deer are fast but only for short distances.

That's very true. Also the reason why hunters don't like to see unleashed dogs in the woods. They will chase a deer until it dies from exhaustion/overheating. Any other wild animal will stop because they need to conserve energy, a dog thinks it's a game.

Back
Top Bottom