Minelab EQUINOX Introduction

The marketing for this detector is certainly gearing up now but zero info on the most important detail. When will it be in my hands?

Be honest do you really think this will breath new life to life support or dead sites? Maybe just an average hunter with really average hunt sites....but everytime upgrade a notch my results are not so good.

Granted live in a urban area where a state of the art electronics should improve my finds. I kind of relate to one comment on that video , shiny shiny:D

ps how long would built in lith battery last?

Be honest do you really think this will breath new life to life support or dead sites? Maybe just an average hunter with really average hunt sites....but everytime upgrade a notch my results are not so good.

Granted live in a urban area where a state of the art electronics should improve my finds. I kind of relate to one comment on that video , shiny shiny:D

ps how long would built in lith battery last?

Should help distinguish any iffy targets given by single frequency previous detectors better. That's all I'm really hoping for, plus having the multifrequency for beach trips. Really aren't many multiple frequency options in this price range either, let alone waterproof ones.

The Minelab EQUINOX Series is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions… just select your detecting location and go!

------------------------------
A statement by a few well known respected dealers,dealers that have multiply machine brands in showroom.... is there going to be a flood of discounted and used detectors on the market? time will tell I guess. hh

oj/bc

------------------------------
A statement by a few well known respected dealers,dealers that have multiply machine brands in showroom.... is there going to be a flood of discounted and used detectors on the market? time will tell I guess.

oj/bc

If so I'll be more than happy to skip the nox and get some great deals.Minelab has always made a good quality machine,,,but it's not a substitute for a good location.Location comes first if you really want to find the goods,Any half decent machine comes in second,and most midrange machines will find them if they're there..Even if the nox is and does make all other machines extinct it will not find what's not there..As for me,I'll pass on it.

If so I'll be more than happy to skip the nox and get some great deals.Minelab has always made a good quality machine,,,but it's not a substitute for a good location.Location comes first if you really want to find the goods,Any half decent machine comes in second,and most midrange machines will find them if they're there..Even if the nox is and does make all other machines extinct it will not find what's not there..As for me,I'll pass on it.

Agree on location, I will wait it out see what happens, it would be nice to re hunt some of our previous productive area. hh

MrNovice made a good point on iffy targets.

Seems to me that it all comes down to how well the simultaneous multi freq feature works. Most.....not all......the other features can be found in other brands latest models. If it doesn't break new ground then it's another very nice mid-level detector.

But that's just me.

If it unmasks in iron like a deus and sees deep coins unlike my At pro then its hardly a midpoint detector. It is probably a top o the line!:woohoo::woot::woohoo:

Seems to me that it all comes down to how well the simultaneous multi freq feature works. Most.....not all......the other features can be found in other brands latest models. If it doesn't break new ground then it's another very nice mid-level detector.

But that's just me.

I agree very much with the sentiments here. It's great to have some of the best features that exist out there on different brand detectors all rolled into one lightweight, waterproof, affordable package. Not to discount that, BUT...if this machine is really going to make folks wonder why they would ever want to buy some other, single-frequency unit, it will in my opinion be the multi-frequency feature, Multi-IQ, that will be the kicker. If Multi-IQ "breaks new ground," as you said, and as Minelab has implied, then this will be an AMAZING unit. If not, then it will be -- as you said -- simply a very nice mid-level machine.

Steve

I've heard that it's not that fast in multi freq, but very fast in single freq, but fast doesn't automatically mean a top separator.

Will it be a top performer in every area?
Will it be the best park unit?
Will it be the best in iron?
Will it be the deepest?
Will it be the best on gold?
Will it be best in water?
etc etc etc
Personally i don't think it will, and some will be disappointed, but it should be the best all rounder out there by far.

Read a facebook post by Minelab that stated Equinox will be good in saltwater but not as good as FBS/BBS. Kinda figured that for the price. Should still be better than single frequency VLF

Should help distinguish any iffy targets given by single frequency previous detectors better. That's all I'm really hoping for, plus having the multifrequency for beach trips. Really aren't many multiple frequency options in this price range either, let alone waterproof ones.

If it can signal on a fresh buried quarter at 9 inches or more it will be my #1:yes:
Heres hoping! I expect minelab to amaze me. They sure did with my sovereign elite in saltwater!

If it can signal on a fresh buried quarter at 9 inches or more it will be my #1:yes:
Heres hoping! I expect minelab to amaze me. They sure did with my sovereign elite in saltwater!

My at max will do that all day on a quarter in all metal,with a proper ID number.I can hit a 8 inch Merc with 5x8 at 8 inches in disc

My at max will do that all day on a quarter in all metal,with a proper ID number.I can hit a 8 inch Merc with 5x8 at 8 inches in disc

I just read your review on the other post of the AT Max, really impressive. Earlier John reviewed the Max could hit a quarter at 17 inches in all metal with some tweaks, which is almost unheard of. It will definitely be interesting to see how the Nox compares to the Max, being we know from reviews the Max is super sensitive.

I'm still not understanding why some are trying to prop up the Nox as the best thing ever, since even Minelab already says it will not preform as great as FBS in all conditions...mostly not as good in highly mineralized environments. We know the response time will be faster on the Nox than say the Etrac or CTX, we've already seen that in videos and it's very comparable to the Deus...although the Deus with that 74 kHz coil is pretty stunning on speed and sensitivity!

To me if it is 80% as sensitive as the Deus while just as fast, can achieve 80% the depth as the Max can in all metal and can generate better stable ID's at the same depth like presumed because of the multiple frequencies...then it will be a proven winner in it's price point. No doubt if it can do that, along with all the other aspects that are built in that we know about (wireless, waterproof)..then we are easily getting more than our monies worth in the Nox. Not the "best", not supposed to be or designed to be the "best", but pretty damn good and impressive for the price!

Last edited:
I just read your review on the other post of the AT Max, really impressive. Earlier John reviewed the Max could hit a quarter at 17 inches in all metal with some tweaks, which is almost unheard of. It will definitely be interesting to see how the Nox compares to the Max, being we know from reviews the Max is super sensitive.

I'm still not understanding why some are trying to prop up the Nox as the best thing ever, since even Minelab already says it will not preform as great as FBS in all conditions...mostly not as good in highly mineralized environments. We know the response time will be faster on the Nox than say the Etrac or CTX, we've already seen that in videos and it's very comparable to the Deus...although the Deus with that 74 kHz coil is pretty stunning on speed and sensitivity!

To me if it is 80% as sensitive as the Deus while just as fast, can achieve 80% the depth as the Max can in all metal and can generate better stable ID's at the same depth like presumed because of the multiple frequencies...then it will be a proven winner in it's price point. No doubt if it can do that, along with all the other aspects that are built in that we know about (wireless, waterproof)..then we are easily getting more than our monies worth in the Nox. Not the "best", not supposed to be or designed to be the "best", but pretty damn good and impressive for the price!
17 inch quarter,right with 17 inch coil mayb.:realitycheck:

Back
Top Bottom