AT Pro ground balance question

V95

I just got my AT Pro and am a total newbie. I am hunting salt water beaches and noticed something curious about auto ground balance. When ground balancing on the dry sand, it balances out around a value of 78 on the display. When I move to wet sand, it balances out around a value of 15. When I move back to the dry sand and auto ground balance again, the value stays at 15.

Should I be manually resetting the value back up higher (say to 80, which seems to be the factory default) when moving back to the dry sand and then auto balancing?

Mine did this when I last used it at a salt water beach. Once I rinsed off with freshwater, it would auto balance again. And yes I would manually change it, if I switched between the 2 areas.

Thanks for the tip. I tried it this morning. I washed the coil just prior to going out. I went down to the hardpack, wet sand and auto balanced to 15. I went back up to the dry sand right away and it wouldn't budge from 15.:?:

Then I cranked it up to the max at 99 and tried auto balancing on the dry sand and it wouldn't move below 99.

So, my conclusion is that the dry sand (it actually is damp sand because it was early morning), makes it difficult for the machine to ground balance.

Anyone have any other experience with this? I am hoping it isn't my machine. It's brand new.

Thanks for the tip. I tried it this morning. I washed the coil just prior to going out. I went down to the hardpack, wet sand and auto balanced to 15. I went back up to the dry sand right away and it wouldn't budge from 15.:?:

Then I cranked it up to the max at 99 and tried auto balancing on the dry sand and it wouldn't move below 99.

So, my conclusion is that the dry sand (it actually is damp sand because it was early morning), makes it difficult for the machine to ground balance.

Anyone have any other experience with this? I am hoping it isn't my machine. It's brand new.

If and when that happens (and it has happened to me before), just press and hold the power button until it beeps and resets. I think its 5-10 seconds. Then re-ground balance. I hover between 83-84 so far everywhere I go with the GB, even after a reset.

you might have wet sand stuck in the the coil cover, when i would hunt the beach i would always leave the coil cover at home (i also sprayed my coil with bed liner for protection) i only use coil covers for the dirt

Back
Top Bottom