Now THIS is a model airplane!!

Rudy

Admin
I want one of these!!!

This is one absolutely amazing remote controlled [RC] model airplane. Not only did they build its jet engines, but included a retractable landing gear, and built it into a fully scaled model of the SR-71 "Blackbird" that flies just like the real McCoy. This SR-71 model was built by an Engineer / RC enthusiast in Germany , and is certainly one awesome toy. Watch and listen to it soar.

I was in Okinawa in 86. Was down by Kadena and had an SR71 come over on approach. That was one cool sight.

Semper Fi

It I had not seen the beginning of the video,I would have thought it was a real jet.Amazing and I bet that cost some $$.:wow::wow:

Thats is one awesome jet! If that were me a most likely would have crashed that thing a long time ago. lol They did a great job on it. NIce video Rudy.

What a great model, and well flown. The trick of flying these planes is to make it look realistic, so smooth control is needed.

I've only seen the real thing once, back in the early 90's at Mildenhall.

Amazing... I have seen the real thing, both in flight and at the Air Museum at Boeing field... they have one (a real one) in there. It is one awesome bird, and was years ahead of it's time. Actually, it is still ahead of virtually all other countries air endeavors. Of course, we already have something better than that. :D RickO

Holy Cow!!!! German engineering is awesome!!!! I would have crashed it already.. thanks for sharing.

I believe that it is a legal requirement in the US, to have an emergency parachute which can be deployed, on model aircraft over a certain size ?

Back
Top Bottom