Dennis, Mass?

Silver_Seeker

Elite Member
I'm heading there in a few weeks for some vacation time.

Does anyone have any info on the beaches there? Are they open to detecting?

I know the state beaches have been closed to hunting, open to hunting, back and forth several times but don't know the current status.

Anybody know the deal?

Most town beaches are open from 5pm-11pm, sunrise to 9am. From 9am to 4 or 5pm it is best not to be on the beach or in the water detecting and be prepared to pay for parking $15-35 a day. Higher on weekends and holidays. ALL National Seashore property is OFF LIMITS to a detector, even in the trunk of your car. NO digging, disturbing the soil in State Parks, some Rangers may allow in certain areas. Entrance fees apply, ask BEFORE paying. Do no park in beach parking lots after 11PM - you will not be let out before 7AM or when the lot is unlocked again. Many have had to walked home, one detectorist I know - walked home twice. Almost all beaches require a town sticker, if you get one for Dennis it is only good for Dennis beaches. Read and head the posted signs at all beaches.

Town of Dennis Non-Resident Beach Sticker Fees:

Season: $360.00

Weekly: $90.00

Daily Parking - Monday - Friday $25
Daily Parking - Weekends and Holidays $30

PM me if you wish to meet up and possibly do some early AM/ PM detecting
WaterWalker

Most town beaches are open from 5pm-11pm, sunrise to 9am. From 9am to 4 or 5pm it is best not to be on the beach or in the water detecting and be prepared to pay for parking $15-35 a day. Higher on weekends and holidays. ALL National Seashore property is OFF LIMITS to a detector, even in the trunk of your car. NO digging, disturbing the soil in State Parks, some Rangers may allow in certain areas. Entrance fees apply, ask BEFORE paying. Do no park in beach parking lots after 11PM - you will not be let out before 7AM or when the lot is unlocked again. Many have had to walked home, one detectorist I know - walked home twice. Almost all beaches require a town sticker, if you get one for Dennis it is only good for Dennis beaches. Read and head the posted signs at all beaches.

WaterWalker

I left Massachusetts 22 years ago and joined the Air Force. I've been to 39 states and 18 countries and I'll never return to Massachusetts to live. Ever. Period.

WaterWalker

Well I guess the good news is that my rental is walking distance from the beach so parking isn't an issue.

And my God, how is it that I see recoveries from Cape Cod being posted? I'm right next door in Rhode Island and we have this crazy idea that the beaches belong to the PEOPLE. Granted, someone can own the land behind the beach but we can legally access just about every inch of coastline in the state, even the "private" beaches. In my younger days I used to enjoy letting the "private beaches" know the law and challenge them to call the cops who would arrive and explain to them that I was not in fact trespassing :laughing:

Thanks for the info WaterWalker, where exactly do you walk the water?

Well I guess the good news is that my rental is walking distance from the beach so parking isn't an issue.

And my God, how is it that I see recoveries from Cape Cod being posted? I'm right next door in Rhode Island and we have this crazy idea that the beaches belong to the PEOPLE. Granted, someone can own the land behind the beach but we can legally access just about every inch of coastline in the state, even the "private" beaches. In my younger days I used to enjoy letting the "private beaches" know the law and challenge them to call the cops who would arrive and explain to them that I was not in fact trespassing :laughing:

Thanks for the info WaterWalker, where exactly do you walk the water?

Agreed - I grew up at the south end of the Cape Cod Canal and things there are drastically different now and just out of control for permits, licenses, fees and taxes.

All the tall people just found out what Airbnb is and now want to ahh tax that. You know how else they gonna pay 18 million in raises. They need your $$$$ come to Massachusetts get baked and order some food and pay a meal tax for the needy. Your minimum wage hereā€™s 11$ an hour but If your a freeloder you average 54,000 a year.

As for Dennis mass and spots I heard the sharks šŸ¦ˆ make hunting dangerous better stick to fishing šŸŽ£. Lol.

Agreed - I grew up at the south end of the Cape Cod Canal and things there are drastically different now and just out of control for permits, licenses, fees and taxes.

Back
Top Bottom