Return to Camp Buck n Ball

61chip

Elite Member
MoBob and I finally got back to this site yesterday for a hunt. Last time there was back in April of 2016, due to flooding and high weeds. The site was planted in beans this spring but flooded out again and never harvested. Luckily the weeds were drowned out too, so we were able to swing in it.

We had a great hunt! This place just seems to have a never ending supply of lead. Even found bullets on top of the ground again. Counting buckyballs and camp lead too, we are pushing 700 pieces of lead dug on this site! Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• IMG_2547.jpg
    IMG_2547.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2548.jpg
    IMG_2548.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 237
What’s the history of the site?

Without giving up to much info, the town no longer their was a recruiting station for the confederacy in the early years. In 1861 their was an encampment of 3,000 rebels on the property. The property is very large and has tons of history going back to when Spaniards visited the site and traded with the local Indians, I have managed a nice 2 reale dating 1772 from one area of the farm, and was told by the old timers that hunted back yrs. ago that several coins from that period had been found. But like Chip stated an amazing amount of lead has been pulled from one area, and we have yet to even skim the property. It has been fun researching the property ,and just never knowing what camp we may walk into on the next trip. Several camps on the site ,we just have to nail them down.

MoBob and I finally got back to this site yesterday for a hunt. Last time there was back in April of 2016, due to flooding and high weeds. The site was planted in beans this spring but flooded out again and never harvested. Luckily the weeds were drowned out too, so we were able to swing in it.

We had a great hunt! This place just seems to have a never ending supply of lead. Even found bullets on top of the ground again. Counting buckyballs and camp lead too, we are pushing 700 pieces of lead dug on this site! Thanks for looking and HH!

Once again she never let us down, had a blast as usual , and looking forward to the next adventure.

Back
Top Bottom