Bound to happen

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Got a text from VA Max. Seems his Nox made a funny noise........ and it wasnt on. He checked it and found water behind the screen moving around. Hes the first i know of with any kind of water intrusion. He contacted ML.... and its going to be a FAST turn around with a new handle/box. Im thinking he may not get to know what the problem was......... its better PR with a fast repair. Knock on wood....... ive got nearly 400 hours and no issues thus far...... short of it not finding small gold in the water.

Got another report of a CTX repair at Ft Belford PA....... real satisfied customer with a new PCB and screen in less than a week turn around. Keith is doing it right up there.

Hey Dew, if you haven't had any problems with your nox with the way you live in the water, I'm sure Max's issue is a rare one. I wouldn't call not finding small gold a problem cause I'm sure your getting your share of yellow:lol: Joe

Joe....... im just getting tired of finding nothing but BIG gold.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Honestly...... i bought the machine to do some really small gold hunting........ just not happening IN the water. Ya about 400 hours of salt water walking.

Max has been doing very well id say with his Nox finds. If mine goes ...... i want it to go just before the warranty runs out.:lol:

Thanks for the info. Only about 12 hrs with mine in the water thus far. As Felix pointed out, the scoop striking the screen could be a worry, I've gotten close to it a few times when bouncing around in the surf.

Dew,, you will find gold with a walking stick,,,,good report,,,I stand my own,,I know my xcals and they will find gold,,,,I still think something else better will come on the market,,,until then, I will swing what I have,,,,,GL HH

Rick Kempt posted on one of the other sites a video that a Russian did cutting open a Nox...... impressive. Nope that screen isnt separate..... but it was sure pressure/heated sealed very well. From what i saw.....there wont be any repairs' So .... swap out cost.... if it costs $500 most will buy a new machine.... or will they? because once they swap it out ... it is a new machine unlike the repairs now done. Ive not seen a change in policy....... so will it still be a 6 month warranty only after repairs?

Tim buddy...... honestly Xcal is still the machine any water machine will be compared to....... for a reason. Some blind squirrel hunt.... others have skills..... but rarely do either miss a recent drop with an Xcal.... makes my job harder out there no matter what machine is new. You dont need a new machine buddy ...... you already break to many scoops.:laughing:

400 hours!?? Dang man, no wonder I can't find anything. ;) I admire you on your stamina. I get 4 hours in the water then I am pooped.

IMA...... i have to hunt 7 hours to find what you do buddy.:lol: Honestly, i get out there and get a little obsessed. Just getting back from2 weeks in Indy .... then a complete yard project. We just got a lot of Red Tide here too........ so life is getting in the way right now. Ive got my share with the Nox so far so i can take a needed break.

Scuba...... did you read my question earlier. Have you tried some waterproof earbuds and just put muffs over them?

Back
Top Bottom