Lucky weekend and learning lonestar lingo

LordOfTheZincs

Elite Member
I took my gold digger to a park I hit often while I was waiting for our friend Tom to show up on the ferry. Sticking true to my moniker, an hour in and I had half a pocket full of zincs, 2 dimes, 1 nickel and 1 quarter. I hit a nice steady tone and decided to dig. It was actually a deeper signal than normal and I was excited as the pp was indicating it was about the size of a half dollar! I popped it out at 6" and it was a big bottle top that said "Lucky" I hunt alone and sometimes talk to myself when I think something is funny, or at least in this case, "ironic?" I fixed the plug, shook my head and just laughed at this one, I just got a thing from the IRS Fri. wanting $25,000????? !!!? Luck? Uhm, no! Anyways.....I moved close to a park bench where I have found quite a few foreign coins, the only spot in the park like that and I had that in my mind as I relocated to "Foreign Falls". I swung twice and got a really loud high tone. The pp showed just under the surface and BIG like an old dollar sized coin. Cut a little slit and out popped a 1960 Mexican 20 centavos coin! XLT shape, not worth much but to dig one out of the dirt was really cool because I didn't know if it may be gold or not until I got home. I heard the ferry honk as it came into the bay so I got in the truck to go get Tom. He had a stroke a few years ago and has trouble walking sometimes and I waited forever for him to get off the ferry. As I approached the ferry to find him, he and a ferry worker were coming off the boat, Tom lugging a big day pack and my friend Jerrod packing a metal detector right along side him. (Guess he had trouble gettn off the boat with it) Jerrod said when he saw Tom he was wrestling around with the detector trying to walk and he knew that I was somehow involved in all of this. :lol: Tom had mentioned 6mo. ago that he used to have a detector but never really used it much and didn't know what he had done with it. I thought this was fantastic! Going to get him out for some exercise! ;) That was NOT the plan according to him. He said that he wanted me to have it cause he thought it was maybe a next step up from the gold digger and he would never use it. Aside from the dust it looked brand new and still had the radio shack battery in it. (Discovery 2000 branded) I used it yesterday but couldn't tell a lot of diff. in depth but I found out you can put a 11" Fisher DD coil on them? What kind of depth would I get with that? I feel like I am starting all over again and have a hunt coming up in my secret (not so secret) spot this weekend. Sorry this is so long winded but it felt like it was about time something neat happened for me :yes: The biggest question I have about the detector is how to tell the diff. between a copper penny and a silver quarter, the sound is completely identical to me right now but I guess it will come to me. Any tips or suggestions on this new to me detector would be appreciated. Thanks you all :grin:

Back
Top Bottom