Small spill suddenly slays silver slump

Congrats on all the finds, but I gotta admit, I'm here to tell you I read your thread title as being spoken by one of those guys who "whistles" his S's :laughing:

Thanks everyone! I went there again today, but got rained out after maybe an hour or so. Now that my slump is over, I'm getting silver...uh...daily now!(2 days in a row) Nicely worn 1918D dime today. Five more wheats for the collection too. I thought I found a half of an ugly ring, but it turned out to be a tiny pewter giraffe that was glued to the red glass gem I found in the same hole. The little tube vial is the smallest lipstick case I've ever seen; marked "DAWN PINK"

Nice finds on the second day too! That little lipstick is actually a sample from Avon. I've found a few. I think they stopped making the metal ones on the 40s or so. When I was a kid, my mom sold Avon. They still have the small little sample lipsticks, but they are plastic now.

Nice finds on the second day too! That little lipstick is actually a sample from Avon. I've found a few. I think they stopped making the metal ones on the 40s or so. When I was a kid, my mom sold Avon. They still have the small little sample lipsticks, but they are plastic now.

Avon sample. That makes sense. The gunk inside my Dawn Pink sample was more of a turquoise color. Didn't look good on me.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom