My Largest Coin Spill Ever!

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Yesterday, my sister and I went to a totlot for an hour. This park has been producing a lot of clad for us. When we got there, we started detecting in the wood-chips by the playground equipment; I found a quarter and a penny. :detector:

After a couple minutes of searching I went over to detect under the bench along side the playground. I've heard stories of people finding coin spills and/or jewelry under them, so I walked over there and started swinging. On the left side I got a good signal, but thought it was the supports for the bench. However, after checking the right side of the bench about the same distance away from the pole as I did on the left side and not getting a signal at all, I decided I should dig the target. :yes: I am glad I did! I found 5 quarters, 4 dimes, 1 nickel, and 8 pennies. That's 18 coins totaling $1.78!

The first picture is what I saw when I first flipped open the plug. After being amazed at that, I looked in the hole and there was still more! :D Even after I scooped up what was in the hole, the detector said there was still more, so I kept digging. :digginahole: There was still more after that, so that process was repeated a few times. :detector: The second picture is all that came out of the spill, and lastly the final picture is my spill compared to the rest of my clad for the day. :D The total I found was $2.64. :D

Between the 6 short times we've been there, I've found $10.71 (not counting what my sister and brother have found). God bless & happy hunting! :mder:

The First Coins I Saw in my Spill ~ 6-7-2018.jpg
Total Coins in Spill ~ 6-7-2018.jpg
The Total Clad From 6-7-2018.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the coin spill finds...………...my best coin spill ever was last year at a soccer field...…..8 clad quarters in the same hole.

Nice work Wolf.

Not counting the roll of pennies I found all laid out in a row after the paper wrapper disintegrated, my biggest coin spill was last year in a CoinStar reject slot 🤪.

Nice job kid!
At the end of the year you will have a nice pile of loot to buy some quality collectible coins:D

Thanks Everyone

Coin spills are always fun. Way better return on time invested than single coin targets!
Thanks, Steve! They sure are. :yes:

Congrats on the coin spill finds...………...my best coin spill ever was last year at a soccer field...…..8 clad quarters in the same hole.
Thanks, diggin4clad! That's a nice size spill, too. :D

Sweet spill, congrats on a nice clad take. Trapper
Thanks, Trapper. :grin:

Nice work Wolf.

Not counting the roll of pennies I found all laid out in a row after the paper wrapper disintegrated, my biggest coin spill was last year in a CoinStar reject slot 🤪.
Thanks, jimther! That's how it was for me last year (minus the roll of pennies :lol:).

Happy times when you keep pulling coin after coin from the hole....nice hunt!
Thanks, METALMANIAC-NY! I really enjoyed it. :grin:

Nice job kid!
At the end of the year you will have a nice pile of loot to buy some quality collectible coins:D
Thanks, Matt! That's the nice thing about MDing and coin collecting, they support each other. :D

Coin spills are always nice to find, congrats! :)
Yes they are. Thanks, Sandgroper! :D

Last edited:
Yup , nothing better then sticking the pinpointer back in multiple times and hearing it go off after you have just pulled a coin .
Great spill 👍

Congrats on the spill. It's always exciting pulling coin after coin out of the same hole! Hope you stumble upon another soon...maybe with some silver mixed in!;)

Thanks Everyone

Wow great spill recovery!
Thanks, Gimmie The Loot! :D

That's a nice spill, Wolfie! I enjoyed that hunt with you. :yes:
Thanks, Princess! So did I. :mder:

congrats on coin spill,,,, always fun to find a spill
Thanks, fasteddy! They sure are. :detector:

WOW !! I've found a lot of coin spills but none with as many coins as yours.Congrats.
Thanks, bubbaron! Keep it up, I'm sure you'll find a big one soon. :mder:[

Yup , nothing better then sticking the pinpointer back in multiple times and hearing it go off after you have just pulled a coin . Great spill 👍
Thanks, Dewsweeper894! :D

Congrats on the spill. It's always exciting pulling coin after coin out of the same hole! Hope you stumble upon another soon...maybe with some silver mixed in!;)
Thanks, Waveoff! That would be really great! :woot:

Awesome spill, Congrats!
Thanks, Ron! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom