• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

It's an Easter Miracle!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I was detecting in a ripple trough that held a couple inches of water when I heard a faint low tone. Imagine my surprise when this beauty came up.

It's marked 750. 18K White Gold with a Jade charm marked with the OM symbol.

No matter what I do, I can not hear it with the Excal in air but I found it with the Excal in salt water. We tried balling it up, tying it into a knot, rubbing the clasp right on the coil. Everything and anything. Nothing!

I remember reading a book that if an item is in the sand it's properties kind of leach out into the sand and make for a bigger signature. Perhaps that is what happened.

Perhaps it was a gift from God again :) Last year at this time I found another 18K gold chain with a crucifix from Tiffany and Co. This year around the same time I found this 18K.

Oh yeah and I also found the sterling charm with a beautiful sapphire stone and lots of itsy bitsy diamonds. That chain is broken though.

Feeling blessed!

Attachments

• April 17 19 Gold Chain.jpg
    April 17 19 Gold Chain.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 798
  • chain.jpg
    chain.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 798
  • March 31 18 Gold Cross.jpg
    March 31 18 Gold Cross.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 771
Nice Barbara... you probably heard the small clasp that is all I heard on the last chain I hit.. and it was barely audible..

Nice Barbara... you probably heard the small clasp that is all I heard on the last chain I hit.. and it was barely audible..

Yeah that is what I thought but no matter how I rub the clasp over the coil in air it won't hear it :)

Yeah that is what I thought but no matter how I rub the clasp over the coil in air it won't hear it :)

You found it that is what matters. :D I remember this chain that I found.. it was 8.1 grams of 18k and was a surface find after Hurricane Sandy.. I ran the GT coil over it .. not a peep..

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 697
You found it that is what matters. :D I remember this chain that I found.. it was 8.1 grams of 18k and was a surface find after Hurricane Sandy.. I ran the GT coil over it .. not a peep..

Love the eyeball finds!

:dingding: Congrats on a stellar find! I am as green as that jade with envy...not at the gold but I haven't been out in 2 weeks! :(

The gold chains I have found with the Xcal have all had a pendant of some kind. Took the pendants off and the machine could not see the chain. My smallest gold with the xcal was a one gram 14k charm. It was very shallow and I only got a teeny beep. I spent some time finding that little rascal as I did not have a pin pointer with me

I think God is blessing everyone way more than anyone thinks...
The process of leaching into the surrounding media is referred to as a halo effect, as I recall. I didn't think it worked with noble metals though. Could be a co-located target? Life has many little mysteries, does it not? Enjoy the blessing!

MMMMMMmmmm

Kapi, you must be hunting with a new secret weapon , a Nox 800 to land all those chain's, :lol: did you take Larry's howboutit :yes::D Nice hunt, your on a roll :jawdrop::thumbsup:

Nice find

Thanks!

Congrats on those awesome finds.

Thanks!

:dingding: Congrats on a stellar find! I am as green as that jade with envy...not at the gold but I haven't been out in 2 weeks! :(

Two weeks!?? Sounds like me! I took a bit of time off to try to get my aches to go away.

The gold chains I have found with the Xcal have all had a pendant of some kind. Took the pendants off and the machine could not see the chain. My smallest gold with the xcal was a one gram 14k charm. It was very shallow and I only got a teeny beep. I spent some time finding that little rascal as I did not have a pin pointer with me

I've found a few herringbones with the Excal and a few chains without charms but usually they had larger clasps.

That's a smoking hot find! Congrats!

Thanks!!

I think God is blessing everyone way more than anyone thinks...
The process of leaching into the surrounding media is referred to as a halo effect, as I recall. I didn't think it worked with noble metals though. Could be a co-located target? Life has many little mysteries, does it not? Enjoy the blessing!

So very true! Please keep me in your prayers for pain relief please :)

very nice finds kapi your killing it

Thanks!

Superb finds! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Wow Kapi, 18k with Jade is a beauty! So is that T&C cross from last year :wow:

Gold is good! Congrats!

Thanks my friend!

Kapi, you must be hunting with a new secret weapon , a Nox 800 to land all those chain's, :lol: did you take Larry's howboutit :yes::D Nice hunt, your on a roll :jawdrop::thumbsup:

Found it with the Excal but I have no clue how. I can't hear it with the Excal or the Equinox in beach mode 1 or 2 but the Equinox hears it clear as day in prospecting mode which I can't use on salt water beaches! Not that I have an Equinox, I don't but Larry tested it on his and could not hear it. It will remain a mystery forever I think.

Nice grabs Kap. They are gifts everytime we find something. As far as that goes just going out is a gift. Congrats

So true! It's getting harder and harder for me to go at all which has been pretty depressing. Pain sucks!

They say the Minelab BBS detectors see deep in saltwater but airtest bad.
I have not found a rare metal chain with mine yet.
I pray your pain leaves you Kapi.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom