strange markings

rustynail1

Forum Supporter
I found this ring on the beaches of san diego, I just can't quite figure out the markings , Has anyone ever seen anything like it. :?:

Attachments

• DSCN1369.JPG
    DSCN1369.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 576
Are there any markings on it, on the inside perhaps?

Sure does have an interesting design.

Unless I'm mistaken I think that the symbols are a representation of the Mayan calendar. :?:

Hoser/Tony - I do believe you're on the money with Central/South American Indian tribes - Aztec or Maya.

Thanks for the responses,
Felix how curtain are you on the mayan theory and do you know of a web site to resurch this?

Snowy
There's nothing else to this ring just your basic silver ring.

Attachments

• DSCN1399.JPG
    DSCN1399.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 528
  • DSCN1397.JPG
    DSCN1397.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 539
Thanks for the help guys, After a little research I was able to find that it is in fact a Aztec calander.

Attachments

• DSCN1369.JPG
    DSCN1369.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 490
  • silver_aztec_calendar[1].jpg
    silver_aztec_calendar[1].jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 492
This is a beautiful ring, a nice find. I'm happy you were able to ID it.

Congrats!!!

DM

Awesome ring! Sure it's not part of that cursed treasure from Pirates of the Carribean? Go stand in the moonlight and see if your flesh disappears! :lol:

Rusty - glad to see you got good info. from others. I was pretty certain just from a lot of historical TV stuff I have seen, plus I have been to Mexico and have seen similar stuff at their pyramids.

Now that Tony has mentioned it, he is right. It is probably a product of Mexico, as they are big in "tourist silver", and your location lends itself to that.

Back
Top Bottom