Dropped Gold discrimination for P.I.'s

Brian

Elite Member
Bad news Craig....this is not going to be much use to you as you need a P.I. with the right type of pulse delay.
For those with a Deepers, Goldquest SS, later models Beachscan, C-Scope CS6 or 7 UMD, or a Headhunter read on.

You need to increase the delay when the sample pulse is taken. As its increased objects having low conductivity are ignored ie gold.
High conductivity items will still provide a nice strong signal...iron to a P.I. is the highest conductivity.

So....find a target, increase the delay and if the signal disappears the object should be gold.
If you still have a strong response, its most likely not gold.

Warning. The drawback is that a nice large near surface ring due to its sheer bulk causes an almost overload condition so it doesn't drop out.

Sold most of my gold rings last week so start all over again. Three parts found of one chain....one bit of link to go !

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 323
Thx Brian for posting that :) Its ok I'm happy as a pig in poop ;) with the PI I use.

Should have mentioned. Experiment with the point where gold JUST drops out and mark the spot. With the Headhunter you really need to stick a raised point on so the mark can be felt as you can't see what your doing.

Back
Top Bottom