Lake finds

angellionel

Elite Member
This morning I was debating whether or not I should hit the lake, but then I took a look outside and that made up my mind.

I detected the same area I had hit last week, slowly working a grid, while trying to discern the faint signals of the deep targets. The site has a lot of sand, so the heavier targets tend to sink deep. There were many shallow signals, but they were mostly trash items. Eventually I began to pick up the desired faint signals, and dug up old nickels, silver dimes, a few religious pendants and two rings. One ring, a wedding band, is 14kt and the other is brass.

Here are some pics of the finds.

A nice wedding band. It also has the initials of the owner (or couple) etched in: B.F.G.L.
ring100806.jpg

I found several other coins, but these are the best of the lot.
coins100806.jpg

A scan of the better stuff.
bestfinds100806.jpg

The rest.
trash100806.jpg

The lake at sundown. Time to call it a day.
lake100806.jpg

HH!

Angel

Nice haul as always Angel. Love the pic of the lake. How deep were you hunting? Water still warm there? I think my water hunting is rapidly coming to a close for the season. Supposed to get snow here Thursday. :shock: :(

Thanks for the comments!

hoser said:
How deep were you hunting? Water still warm there? I think my water hunting is rapidly coming to a close for the season. Supposed to get snow here Thursday. :shock: :(

The targets are deep at this particular site, though it's hard to say just how deep. It takes several scoops to get to them. I was concentrating primarily on the faint signals.

The water here is getting colder. I had on my wetsuit, which helped, though that first touch of cold water is an eye opener. :shock:

I can't believe you're already going to have snow down your way! Wow!

Cfmct-PI said:
... What is on the front of the brass ring?

Here's a pic. Too bad the stone is missing.
brassring100806.jpg

SteveMN said:
Nice finds angel. You must have gotten a new camera.

Yeah, I purchased the Pentax Optio W20. I like it. :)

Angel

Its probably missing 2 stones from the looks of it... I am itching to water hunt but my sciatica is still acting up and I have yet to work since last Weds, I'm hoping to work tomorrow and then try a lake I was by today and from the looks of it they have let the water level down.

Cfmct-PI said:
Its probably missing 2 stones from the looks of it... I am itching to water hunt but my sciatica is still acting up and I have yet to work since last Weds, I'm hoping to work tomorrow and then try a lake I was by today and from the looks of it they have let the water level down.

I think you're right about the ring having had two stones.

Hey, I hope you're able to get out and hit that lake. If the water level is down, you are likely to hit on some nice targets. I was hoping that the water level at some of the lakes and ponds out here would go down before winter sets in, but it looks unlikely now. We had quite a bit of rain this year.

I'm planning a trip to a New York beach this Saturday. I'm taking both water machines with me, just in case. :)

Back
Top Bottom