Treating your coil for abuse...question

jnstrom

I have heard and seen people use Truck bedliner spray for the bottom of their coils? Does this work? Is there any downsides???:?::?:

Best Stuff

The Best Stuff Is "marine Epoxy" Made By "loctite" Get It At Walmart...cover The Coil...search My Old Post... I Think Theres A Photo

My coil took a nasty fall from the garage shelf down to the concrete floor.
A trip to the industrial supply store netted me a industrial type epoxy very similar to J.B. Weld called Metalstat. The tubes were the size of toothpaste tubes and it is a typical 50/50 mixture.
Just like j.b. weld, this stuff sets up as hard as a rock and has no adverse effect on my coil performance.

One more time

Marine Epoxy by Loctite. Other stuff (bedliner material) if you choose a different color but how do you beat Marine Epoxy? Simple, widely available, inexpensive and easy to apply. Have two coats on my Excal coil. Task accomplished.

Yes any of it is good , just a word of advise I have talked to Whites and Minelab and it will void your warranty so I would wait until it's out of warranty unless of course you don't mind spending the $250.00 for a new one if something goes wrong. And I have had a run of bad luck with the coils Ex. cal ll (3) and beachhunter300 (2) LOL So I think I will wait

Back
Top Bottom