New forum member from Mesa Arizona

Mesa is too renovated for old coins!

The more I read about Mesa and the more I look at maps, I think I'm with you. The chance of finding any old coins here is slim but there's plenty of newer coins to be found and I'm going to find them.

If you can get out of the metro area, you'd probably get better results in parks and schoolyards. Phoenix had a 1876 park, Chipotle said here or nowhere. Saw a early Phoenix map about WWI destroying park and making new one half a mile away. This is common in most rapidly growing cities in the south.

Some of the suburbs are 100+ years old but many parks means many park & rec depts have huge budgets so renovations are frequent. If you want to know the oldest suburbs or oldest towns outside of metro, I could probably help.

I used to own many Ace 250 units, none would give an accurate ID beyond 4" on dime.
Shortly after I bought Garrett AT Pro, I got dime 7" deep with perfect ID on every pass.

Also, my ground is mostly just moderately mineralized, so an Ace 250 might not even get 4" on a dime if you have high ground mineralization. An AT Pro might cost you $350 used. There are better detectors than the AT Pro, if you can spend up to $500 used or $649 new. But as long as you can be satisfied with the Ace 250, keep trying!

Another detector to consider is the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, I've seen then as low as $140 used on detecting forums. Also, tekneticst2.com has most models on sale. BH LR Pro there is Teknetics Liberator for $219, 5 year warranty to original owner. It's the lowest priced model with manual ground balance, so goes deeper in bad ground. It also has high disc programs with no ground balance required.

Teknetics Eurotek Pro as Tek Minuteman, $199 5 year warranty to orig buyer with 8" concentric (round coil). It has display that blinks iron, so you get fooled less. Very few controls, so not much thinking required.

The Teknetics Digitek last I looked was $129, has variable volume, variable discrimination, variable sensitivity, notches, and non-motion pinpoint. You must specify
20" lower rod (default) or request 26.5" lower rod if 5'5" tall +). Maximum depth on coins is about 7.5" on dime or 8.5" on quarter. 5 year warranty to orig. buyer. Made in El Paso, TX by First Texas, that also makes Bounty Hunter and Fisher.

Just for when you tire of Ace 250, don't mean I order you to buy now. Best wishes.

Thanks George, lots of useful info here. I'll keep all this in mind. I'm still learning my Ace 250 and one of the very first things I've learned is that it's great for a newbie like me. I'm sure once I get the hang of things I will upgrade and this info will definitely come in handy.

Check out your own yard while learning your machine. You maybe surprised what's there..

Ha! That's the first place I hunted. I found enough nails to build a new house. Every once in a while I swing my Ace in the yard just for the heck of it. Still hoping to find something better then a nail. And I will, it's just a matter of time and patience.

Thanks Dan! "Frosty Pittsburgh", I feel for you man. I recently moved here from frosty northwest Indiana. Now I'm warm and toasty here in the AZ desert.

Sounds like a good move, I just inked the deal today to make the move to South Carolina/Georgia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom