So, you LIKE old houses?

robby4570

Elite Member
OLD HOUSES
1075-37.jpg

Cool! A guy has to appreciate the craftsmanship on old homes...heck, no power tools back then...a framer had to be very good with a handsaw and a hammer...let alone the plaster guy...no drywall back then, ...all these skills were lost in just a few generations...Nice old pics there!
Mud

When I drive by old homes they are like a flashing beacon light ! "DIG HERE!" giving off signals ...........

My wife hates to ride in the country as I drive. She keep yelling at me to stop rubber necking. Every old house I look at as a possible new hunt site. Man I have become a metal detecting junkie.

My wife hates to ride in the country as I drive. She keep yelling at me to stop rubber necking. Every old house I look at as a possible new hunt site. Man I have become a metal detecting junkie.

My driving behavior is much like yours and provokes a similar response. It is addictive.

thanx for the link. Not sure which is more of a drool-factor to look at: the houses, or the yards ! :laughing:

Also amazing is the price people on the midwest and east coast pay for houses. Sheesk, here in CA, in some places, even a CONDOMINIUM is $300k. But over there, you guys get a 5 bedroom house and land around it for that price :(

Money pits! Just like an old wooden boat, its way easier to build a new one from scratch than try to restore an old one...That one girl on 'Rehab Addict' is really great at it though, like George Jones said, Shes also "Hotter than a $2 pistol!!"

Me and the Wifes calling seems to be restoring old houses...down to the frame and all the way up! Last one we did was condemned and aluminum sided...I pulled that aluminum off and underneath it was sheeted with #1 sequoia lap siding! So I built a paddle board out of it and got enough left over for some sweet surfboards or a beauty of a rowboat or canoe!
Mud

Attachments

• Paddleboard 4.jpg
    Paddleboard 4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 674
  • Paddleboard 1.jpg
    Paddleboard 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 505
  • red 5.jpg
    red 5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 489
  • red 1.jpg
    red 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 580
Old houses do have a lot of charm to them. They will never build homes like those again.

Out my way, many homes used granite rock for foundation material.

Back
Top Bottom