What % Is Common for Really Good Site Permission?

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
I mentioned before about a permission that I was working on. I talked to the guy this week and I'm expecting him to want a % of the take. He was talking specifically about a gold/silver stash, but I'm thinking he may want a % of all the take. I also think he may want any Civil War finds.

I'm trying to be very accommodating with this guy because it is my first shot at a nice site. I don't want to give away the farm though. Any input is welcome.

BCD

Splitting up relics would seen like a case of going through them afterwards and agreeing on who keeps what, especially when you can expect buttons and bullets (hopefully multiples of both). As far as caches go, if I work properties that people say there's a known cache, (which there rarely is since these family legends get blown out of proportion if even true to begin with), I always tell them if I hit the big find, we'll split it. Never have hit one, and don't expect to, but I figure it's their land and my work so "halfsies" seems fair.

Never had the case of having to split something. I'd do 60 40 with the 60 on your end

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I offer to hand over any jewelry found and I keep all the coins. So far I'm ahead as I haven't found any jewelry yet during a permission hunt :D

My agreement is SUPPOSED TO BE I will return any jewelry if adequately described before finding, any historically valued finds go to a museum, anything worth in excess of $1,000,000 will be split and everything else I haul away.

I say SUPPOSED TO BE because I posted a story where I spent an afternoon looking for a lost ring and found a bunch of trash and three pennies. The lady who owned the property confiscated my three pennies and left without acknowledging my time or efforts.

I'm still shocked and laughing.

That tight a** old biddy took the only three cents you found,huh?!😱Wow!!

On another site folks really piled on me negatively when I mentioned splitting anything - shoot I've even volunteered all of my finds just for a chance to hit a certain site.

I offer to give the property owner any item specifically tied to the family meaning something with a name on it. Otherwise unless it's a stack of gold bars it's finders keeper's unless I choose to give them something. ..which I usually do.

If there's genuinely a chance of finding treasure, just offer 50/50. You get greedy and the next thing you'll hear is "you know what, I'm just gonna buy a detector and do it myself and keep 100%" 50% of something is better than 100% of NOTHING!

Greed is NOT good.

BCD,

I just got a permission in our area and the guy immediately asked me to split the finds. I agreed; what else can you do?

BTW, there was no real CW activity in our area of GA.

BCD,

I just got a permission in our area and the guy immediately asked me to split the finds. I agreed; what else can you do?

BTW, there was no real CW activity in our area of GA.

This is farther East of here, and it isn't a Civil Was site, as much as a Civil War era site. Hope you got some good stuff from you permission.

BCD

BCD,

Haven't gone yet cause I have to wait for him to take me! I have an idea for us on a tract of land where I think we can get by without permission. We need to meet and discuss it.

Back
Top Bottom