Well ET finally bit the dust.

coinnut

Elite Member
Been having issues with ET and was hoping to make it until the winter sets in before I send her in. Not gonna happen. Already I have had the machine turn itself on, again and again, if I bump something. Also did a over voltage shut down on me while I was detecting with the rechargeables in it. Then it developed a problem with the audio. It would go from full volume down to barely audible and stay that way until I tap the side of the machine. (in the old days that would have been a short.) These days it's probably faulty software, who knows! But today, just as the 6AM hunt started, and right after my first hole, (1948 silver Washington), it decided not to feed the audio into the headphones anymore! Tried my buddies phones and they didn't work in ET either. Soooooo, I have to rely on the speaker, which is weak!! Top off the fact that I haven't found ANYTHING deeper than 6" and there you have it. I think officially I have a bum unit! I love the way this machine sorts through the junk, but I am disappointed in it's quality. So I guess I'll call Kellyco and then Minelab (NV) and ship her off. Bummed. And what's with all the clad today??? Not used to that. LOL. So here's today's meager finds.

Attachments

• MP5 dirty.jpg
    MP5 dirty.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 238
  • MP5 clean.jpg
    MP5 clean.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 228
Posted it on Coinshooters and Relic Hunters and here on Stories and Pictures of Finds. Or is that not how it's done here??:?:
We really only post a thread in one forum...helps keep the forum from becoming cluttered and helps with searches.

Most folks come on-line and use the "New Posts" feature to show everything that has been posted (everywhere) since their last log-on.

I'll look into it for you and PM you...

BTW: Remind me to NEVER buy an ET.:lol:

Respectfully,

John

We really only post a thread in one forum...helps keep the forum from becoming cluttered and helps with searches.

Most folks come on-line and use the "New Posts" feature to show everything that has been posted (everywhere) since their last log-on.

I'll look into it for you and PM you...

BTW: Remind me to NEVER buy an ET.:lol:

Respectfully,

John

Hi John Got it now. I'll post from now on the coinshooters and relic hunters forum. Will use the new posts feature. Thanks. And, as for the E Trac, it is an unbelievable machine in seperating targets, better than my DFX. But if you get a bad one it's real bad!!

Thanks. I was going to call you guys to see if I need to call Minelab directly. It has a depth issue (6" max for any coins, with the 11" or 4x7" coil) along with the electronic glitches mentioned. Had it about 1 week after you started selling them. Love this machine even though it's being a bit of a brat:roll: Working all this week, heavy hours, so I'll give it up for repairs next week. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom