Any help identifying

Dfxcobb

Went hunting yesterday here in notth alabama and was hunting an turn of century home place. Found this.. it is a picture of a asian man with some type of writing.. any help would be helpful.. thanks

Attachments

• 20161210_112632.jpg
    20161210_112632.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 550
  • 20161210_112621.jpg
    20161210_112621.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 467
Obviously, I am wrong because I cannot find the coin. Is that showing both sides or just one in the pictures?

That's a cool looking find. Never seen anything like that before. No clue what it is but I like it. Congrats

I could be wrong but looks like on the reverse side of the stamped piece... dead center there is a bit of an encrusted pit where at one time maybe a shank was attached?

That is piture of both sides it looks to be stamped
Yes, Now that I look, I see that the writing is reversed on the sides like it has been stamped., I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question. Maybe it is a button as mentioned ? I searched different dynasty coins, Chinese, Japanese coins and didn't see anything like that. The lettering doesn't look Korean so I think we can rule that country out, which would have made sense if it were but I'm guessing it isn't. I'll keep looking for a button,since I have nothing better to do.

Manchu

I like the wax seal thought. The writing on it appears to be Manchu, you know as in Fu Manchu, and this guy has quite the stash. Qing Dynasty for Manchu I think as far as ruling. Manchu goes back a good ways though. Could be from Tibet, I'm just not up on my Asian history..Cool find though, very cool!!

Wax seal seems more probable than a button, why put the reverse on a button? With a wax seal, the person would know the orientation of the seal by having the reverse on it. Just my $.02

Thanks for all the response and ideas of what it may be. Just something new for my collection..Thanks

Back
Top Bottom