Newbie Coil question

Coinslinger

I recently purchased an older detector and have had fun with it already .

But I have a quick question for you old pros ?

The unit came with two heads one is about an 8" coil head and the other is about a 4" coil head .

My question is does one shoot further into the ground than the other or is it just the width of the coil so you can cover more ground.

I have found a bunch of coins and so forth and am having fun with it just want to be able to improve my luck .

I recently purchased an older detector and have had fun with it already .

But I have a quick question for you old pros ?

The unit came with two heads one is about an 8" coil head and the other is about a 4" coil head .

My question is does one shoot further into the ground than the other or is it just the width of the coil so you can cover more ground.

I have found a bunch of coins and so forth and am having fun with it just want to be able to improve my luck .

The larger coils are better for areas with little trash, and areas where you want to cover more ground. The 8in is a pretty versatile coil as it's not too large or small. If you are hunting a site with a lot of trash, the smaller coils, like the 4in are better because they see less ground, so there is less risk of having 2 or 3 targets under the coil at the same time. As for depth, large coils generally go deeper.

Right on !
They gives me a better understanding for sure .

I have never used the smaller coil as of yet as I was finding plenty of coins with the larger one and while I was learning I figure it was one of those deals like if its working don't mess with it !! hahahaha.

I am having a lot of fun with it and am finding more places to use it and by what I am finding not a lot of people are hitting the same spots I am .So I am not getting bored at it .

Thanks so much for your reply .

Back
Top Bottom