Coil choice for Spectra V3.

PhilB

Elite Member
I have a V3 that I'm getting ready to send in for the V3i upgrade. I'm sending in my D2 coil also because it has never seemed to work right in the years I've owned the V3. It seems to false a lot and doesn't run anything like the 6x10 or 5.3 coils I have for it. I've been considering buying a 10x12 SEF coil for the V3 and wondered if anyone has experience with this combo or if somebody has experience with another coil that works well for hunting deeper targets. The 6x10 White's coil is an excellent all around coil for clad hunting and shallower targets but I want a coil that will give me similar depth to what I get with my Etrac. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

D2 can be a funny coil. Ran it on my V3i and DFX. 12x10 SEF and 8x6 SEF were both excellent coils for me. But I live in Fl. 950 coil also works good. Didn't have problems getting depth. Whites 4x6 shooter was another one I like. Nice to be able to swap coils out.

D2 can be a funny coil. Ran it on my V3i and DFX. 12x10 SEF and 8x6 SEF were both excellent coils for me. But I live in Fl. 950 coil also works good. Didn't have problems getting depth. Whites 4x6 shooter was another one I like. Nice to be able to swap coils out.

Thanks for the info. I have an 8x6 coil for my Etrac and it is one of my favorites. I don't want a concentric coil like the 950, I prefer DD coils for the hunting I do. Thanks again for your input.

Back
Top Bottom