Ctx 3030

WildDigger

Elite Member
Is there a site that sell the 3030 battery gasket for cheaper then MineLabe wants? MinLabe wants way to much for the gasket. The dang thing is only worth a few bucks not what they want.

I hear you. :laughing::laughing:

well back from a hunt cut short as all of a sudden Coil not Detected appeared on my screen. I had my other coils with me but was tired anyway so left so that I could get a hold of MineLab before they closed. Tech has to call me back but I know it is the coil as my others work.

I hear you. :laughing::laughing:

well back from a hunt cut short as all of a sudden Coil not Detected appeared on my screen. I had my other coils with me but was tired anyway so left so that I could get a hold of MineLab before they closed. Tech has to call me back but I know it is the coil as my others work.

:lol: May have to bump this thread a couple days? Running out of popcorn waiting:laughing: Haven't checked with Fl. Phil yet. Just wish ML would throw in a pack in a brand new CTX box. I'm not asking for a free lower rod. Just some gaskets:lol:

Why does everyone need multiple gaskets?

I charge mine weekly and clean the gasket every blue moon and when I'm in the water (salt and fresh) I never hesitate to use it fully submerged.

Mine is a year and a half old and I toss it in the backseat of my truck when I'm done. When I use it in salt I rarely if ever rinse it...and it still looks brand new. When I change coils, all metal surfaces are still bright and shiny like the day I bought it.

I have never had a drop of water inside of the gasket. I just occasionally (ok...twice so far) swab the gasket surface with a dry q-tip to make sure there is no tiny debris could facilitate a leak.

Why does everyone need multiple gaskets?

I charge mine weekly and clean the gasket every blue moon and when I'm in the water (salt and fresh) I never hesitate to use it fully submerged.

Mine is a year and a half old and I toss it in the backseat of my truck when I'm done. When I use it in salt I rarely if ever rinse it...and it still looks brand new. When I change coils, all metal surfaces are still bright and shiny like the day I bought it.

I have never had a drop of water inside of the gasket. I just occasionally (ok...twice so far) swab the gasket surface with a dry q-tip to make sure there is no tiny debris could facilitate a leak.

Makes you a little nervous when Minelab says you can flood one just by putting in the gasket upside down. I want to change mine once a month. Realistically the gasket should have only been a dollar each. That's $8 a year for most. All you need is a defective gasket. Saw a defective Plumbing part once flood out a house. Chain reaction when the water went in the garage and wet some boxes. Which softened and knocked over a lamp onto a guys Custom Jessie James motorcycle. You ought to see how much a Jessie James hand made gas tank costs:lol:

Google Lemon Laws for Electronics... :laughing: You should have stuck with your BBS :D

CTX bashers...

I never needed to replace it, just remove it with a toothpick clean lightly with silicone grease every 5 hunts. I bought 3 for 23 bucks and never needed them. Hunt in rain, submerge it and shower with it. No problems.

:p

CTX bashers...

I never needed to replace it, just remove it with a toothpick clean lightly with silicone grease every 5 hunts. I bought 3 for 23 bucks and never needed them. Hunt in rain, submerge it and shower with it. No problems.

Some guys water hunt two tides a day. That's 14 times a week. Even a BHID can use a rechargeable battery. They don't recommend you doing so because every time you pull the battery you need to really water test the box in a tub and check for air bubbles. Know anybody testing a CTX in a tub? I don't.

I want extras for safety. They recommend replacement of the gasket every 3 or 6 months at least. That is ridiculous to say that then charge 23 bucks for 3. I have had mine flood and the gasket was in correctly. I had a video of me removing it.

CTX bashers...

Its not bashing its fact... read this thread in its entirety...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/367933-ctx-3030-repair.html

the CTX is a lemon in my opinion and not worth the money...didn't they test this machine before putting it out there?

Just wait until the warranties run out :D

But isn't it good enough to shower with and have a cigarette afterwards. :lol:

:laughing:

I heard of few CTXs that had the gasket fail, but who knows for sure if those people really knew what a o-ring is :lol:...Im not saying that o-ring area is not a area for a little more attention, but a little loving goes a long way.:D As far as the warranty I really dont see anything changing on my CTX except for maybe changing the o-ring every 2 years or so.

Ive heard theres been alot of problems with the BBS detectors (I think the Excal is BBS)...Knobs, leaks, etc...Cheers

:laughing:

I heard of few CTXs that had the gasket fail, but who knows for sure if those people really knew what a o-ring is :lol:...Im not saying that o-ring area is not a area for a little more attention, but a little loving goes a long way.:D As far as the warranty I really dont see anything changing on my CTX except for maybe changing the o-ring every 2 years or so.

Ive heard theres been alot of problems with the BBS detectors (I think the Excal is BBS)...Knobs, leaks, etc...Cheers

You do know a CTX repair can start around $900 right? You can get two Whites machines repaired for the cost of a CTX lower rod. ML is going to love it when guys don't change the gaskets after the warranty runs out. I'm still wondering how long the pinpoint button covers last.

You do know a CTX repair can start around $900 right? You can get two Whites machines repaired for the cost of a CTX lower rod. ML is going to love it when guys don't change the gaskets after the warranty runs out. I'm still wondering how long the pinpoint button covers last.

Whaa? pin point cover?, humm going to have to check mine out when I get home. Did you have a problem with yours?

Whaa? pin point cover?, humm going to have to check mine out when I get home. Did you have a problem with yours?

Keep a check on it with a magnifying glass. Mine is developing a small wear crease from use all the time. If you wet or dry sand hunt all the time you keep coarse sand on your fingertip. Wearing a glove is really going to wear through rubber. Not that mine looks bad yet. But i'll try to post a close up with a magnifying glass. Good to keep a check on that stuff. The boot on my BHID switch split once. I caught it before I went in the water. Not sure if water would have went in? But you get the idea. Right before my warranty runs out I'm going to make ML replace my toggle button cover.

Keep a check on it with a magnifying glass. Mine is developing a small wear crease from use all the time. If you wet or dry sand hunt all the time you keep coarse sand on your fingertip. Wearing a glove is really going to wear through rubber. Not that mine looks bad yet. But i'll try to post a close up with a magnifying glass. Good to keep a check on that stuff. The boot on my BHID switch split once. I caught it before I went in the water. Not sure if water would have went in? But you get the idea. Right before my warranty runs out I'm going to make ML replace my toggle button cover.

I do not use pin point often I use the wiggle back method in dirt sand and water. And the main reason is I worry about the cover wearing out and I bet Minelab wants 20 or 30 bucks for that little rubber part.

I do not use pin point often I use the wiggle back method in dirt sand and water. And the main reason is I worry about the cover wearing out and I bet Minelab wants 20 or 30 bucks for that little rubber part.

I'm nervous to see how its done. Maybe OBN or someone is brave enough to take theirs off:lol:

Pushing buttons always seems to screw something up:lol: Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom