When your vacation is due....

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Have a neighbor, pretty much a window-licker, whom I've nicknamed Captain Underpants.

A few months back, CU took a job as a maintenance person at a local apartment complex. That lasted about a week, before he was canned.

Upon leaving, I was told he asked if he was still getting his 2 weeks vacation pay.

:laughing:

Have a neighbor, pretty much a window-licker, whom I've nicknamed Captain Underpants.

A few months back, CU took a job as a maintenance person at a local apartment complex. That lasted about a week, before he was canned.

Upon leaving, I was told he asked if he was still getting his 2 weeks vacation pay.

:laughing:
The American dream!

Well, you gotta ask! BTW....Whats a 'Widow Licker'? A lazy cat of some sort? I've never heard that term! So a person who is a Widow Licker is a fat lazy cat who takes advantage of lonely old Widows?? Wants everything handed to them on a silver platter? Like cats do?

I guess that makes sense ..'Captain Underpants' exhibits such traits! ...He was hanging around a apartment complex, plenty of Widows there, he got fired for a lack of motivation and still wanted time off with pay!....Thats a cat for you!..

Speaking of cats... I've heard the term 'Mouse Breeder' used as a derogatory descriptor of some people.....Its commonly uttered to refer to people who lack a modest degree of mental aplombness....I've thought about this one too...It makes sense!

I figure a 'Mouse Breeder' is somebody who's primary advanced skill is raising mice! Like for the pet trade!? Just about any old dummy can raise mice! I would be a good Mouse Breeder or even a potential Widow Licker! I think a guy could do alright in this World as one or the other...Low barrier of entry and not a lot of start up capital needed...:laughing:

Well, you gotta ask! BTW....Whats a 'Widow Licker'? A lazy cat of some sort? I've never heard that term! So a person who is a Widow Licker is a fat lazy cat who takes advantage of lonely old Widows?? Wants everything handed to them on a silver platter? Like cats do?

I guess that makes sense ..'Captain Underpants' exhibits such traits! ...He was hanging around a apartment complex, plenty of Widows there, he got fired for a lack of motivation and still wanted time off with pay!....Thats a cat for you!..

Mud, he wrote "window-licker" not "widow-licker"!!!:police:
I dare somebody to tell me spelling is not important.

Having said that, I am not familiar with the term either...

Mud, he wrote "window-licker" not "widow-licker"!!!:police:
I dare somebody to tell me spelling is not important.

Having said that, I am not familiar with the term either...

Now we know what mud been thinking about lately. :wow :laughing:

giphy.gif

Ohhhh! WINDOW not Widow! Hmmm...so a 'Window Licker' is some stupid little baby?...

'Widow Licker' makes more sense in this story!...Capt Underpants certainly qualifies as a "Widow Licker" ....lounging around expecting a handout...like a Widows cat...

What about the common derogatory moniker, 'Mouse Breeder'? Anybody know exactly what that means and where that term may have originated?...You hear it all the time..."That guy is a mouse breeder"...etc... that right?....

Ohhhh! WINDOW not Widow! Hmmm...so a 'Window Licker' is some stupid little baby?...

'Widow Licker' makes more sense in this story!...Capt Underpants certainly qualifies as a "Widow Licker" ....lounging around expecting a handout...like a Widows cat...

What about the common derogatory moniker, 'Mouse Breeder'? Anybody know exactly what that means and where that term may have originated?...You hear it all the time..."That guy is a mouse breeder"...etc... that right?....

Window licker is a derogatory term referring to someone who is mentally disabled and will lick the window when they see someone outside.

Never heard of mouse breeder, but I have heard of mouth breather.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mouthbreather

Maybe it's not that they breed mice. Maybe they breed WITH mice.

Maybe it's not that they breed mice. Maybe they breed WITH mice.

I am thinking if that happened it might produce something along the lines of your Avatar .. which btw.. freaks me a little EVERY time I see it.

The term Window licker for me goes way back to the less fortunate who had to ride the "short" bus.. they would be pressed up against the windows looking out and somehow the term window licker came about..

:p

Between growing up on a farm and being self employed I have never had a vacation. Well I guess the two weeks that I spent in the hospital in vietnam was sort of one. I just wish they hadn't taken it off of my health records.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mud....you missed your calling doing stand-up

matmit- In this case, spelling only matters depending upon one being a window or widow.:yes:

The last place I worked before retiring you qualified for one week vacation after one full year, IF a person did not stay a full year, even just a few weeks shy, they did not qualify for any of it, the same for each following year too.

I liked that they had the option to choose to take an extra week's pay instead of a vacation if you wanted extra money instead of the paid time off. Since our days were flexible and the business was open 24/7 very few people had 5 straight days in a row anyhow, I think I usually worked 4 days broken up, work 2 days, then off 2 or 3 days, work 2 days, so a vacation was not as big of a deal. The vacation was prorated after a year, you got an average of the hours worked that year divided by 52 so as long as you got enough hours to not be considered part time you got a vacation after a year even if you only averaged 3 to 4 days a week from what I remember.

It's Mouth Breather. Otherwise known as slack jawed which is typically followed by hillbilly.

Mud, I know you're just kidding. You're far too well read to not have heard that term before. But you are hilarious. :laughing:

The last place I worked before retiring you qualified for one week vacation after one full year, IF a person did not stay a full year, even just a few weeks shy, they did not qualify for any of it, the same for each following year too.

I liked that they had the option to choose to take an extra week's pay instead of a vacation if you wanted extra money instead of the paid time off. Since our days were flexible and the business was open 24/7 very few people had 5 straight days in a row anyhow, I think I usually worked 4 days broken up, work 2 days, then off 2 or 3 days, work 2 days, so a vacation was not as big of a deal. The vacation was prorated after a year, you got an average of the hours worked that year divided by 52 so as long as you got enough hours to not be considered part time you got a vacation after a year even if you only averaged 3 to 4 days a week from what I remember.

Only a week? Dang....that's terrible.

I've heard of these "vacations", but wouldn't know what to do if one came up...This "widow licker" gig sounds interesting though. I assume it comes with 2 weeks paid off after a week? :grimace:

Back
Top Bottom