$475.00 DAY!

Cladius

Elite Member
Sorry to say that's what it cost me not what I found! I was scouting an area in the forest and found an old foundation and my dog found the old dump and a broken wine bottle which cut his foot so badly I had to tie off his leg and cover the wound with one of my stockings! I was a mile and a half from my truck and carried him the whole way which may have save the tendons in his foot from breaking. Cleaned him up at the truck best I could and rushed him to my vet about five miles away. He will recover fully but I'm out my water machine. :mad: Oh yah the gals at the vet wanted to know where the sock came from and I just said I'm like the peasant girl at the end of the month :roll: I need a good find to recover from this one. Cladius.

Thanks jp he is a rugged little bugger didn't even yelp or want to be carried.

I'm glad to hear that's he's going to be OK, Cladius! He's going to repay you ten times over, if he hasn't done so already. :grin:

Angel

Sorry to hear about your dog and its accident Cladius... Our pets are like family for sure... I had a similar accident with my dog, I was throwing a ball for her and she was feteching it and nearly split her foot in half slicing it open in a oyster shell years ago and the bill was pretty steep.

Thanks all! he's an English Springer spaniel black and white, we have three mom,dad, and one of their pups. He's doing OK but not happy about having to stay home while I take the girls for a walk. Two weeks before he can go again minimum. Vet said I saved his life with my field dressing and and holding the pressure point or he would have bled out. They gave him a couple IV's to rehydrate and build him back up. Cladius.

Hey Clad, I'm a dog person, and I know how you feel. Glad the pooch is going to be OK. Two weeks ago one of the ferral cats that my wife takes care of got hit by a car. He was an absolute sweetheart. It cost me $750 to see if we could save him, but we had to put him down. The bottom line is that we can always replace the money, it's only a tool, but you can't replace the unconditional love from a pet.

Beau ( my dog ) is doing fine but my back is trashed :mad: I hope it's better before Monday I'm going hunting with jeff in the morning before work. Cladius.

Aww, Clad ... I'm so sorry to hear about your buddy......

I'm an animal lover and always wanted to be a vet while growing up but never could because of such situations. I'm too sensitive to the animals.

hope things get better for you. my thoughts are with you.

Back
Top Bottom