Free Understanding White's DFX Book

Hi Mojave, I think this book is a book of PERSONAL settings that people use to get the best settings. As you know different areas require different settings based on the ground mineralization. I guess.

The books is good if you are new to the DFX, I got a copy of it with my DFX upgrade for ordering my DFX from a local dealer. Jimmy's book is full of tidbits about the menu settings and what "His" opinion on them are. Hes been detecting 30 odd years or so and does yearly trips to England and was one of the first to really test out the DFX for a long time (per the book). And he gives insight on why you might want to consider a setting here or there. I thinking it as a long thread about questions on the DFX and these are his answers to said questions. But what the book doesn't tell you is how to use the menus that you need your users manual/guide.

Still I would recommend this book to anyone who has a DFX or XLT that is considering upgrading to an DFX. The next book I want to get is Jeff Foster's "Digging Deeper with the DFX" his website can be found at http://www.fielddepth.com.

Jeff Foster's book is very good. I own a copy and it's very nice.

I got a copy of Jeff Foster's book when I just recently bought my DFX. It is an excellent book and have heard that the Jimmy Sierra book is somewhat redundant. I signed up for it anyway because I'll never pass up free information.

I have Jimmy's book too, IMO it's a nice book, but not nearly as informative as Jeff's.

What I like about Understanding White's DFX is that he(Jimmy Sierra) doesn't spend a lot of time trying to explain the technical reasons behind making an adjustment but more of how that adjustment affects your detecting.

early_americana said:
Spittfire, I just sent for the book and it says it should be received within four weeks. Maybe you should try resubmitting your request. Maybe it got lost in the shuffle.
K thanks I will.

Back
Top Bottom