• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Has this ever happened to you?

ProfitOfDoom

Well I was hunting out my yard and this happened like twice. I hit something that seems to be a good target,like it was pretty consistent,and stayed between a penny and a dime.
So I pinpoint it and dig a plug out,run the plug under the coil,,its not there,,,So I get up and research the hole,,and nothing there either.
It seems that there was something there,,but after I dug this up there was nothing.
Anyone else ever had this happen,if so what is it and why does it happen?

yes, i have had this happen. sometimes it is a rust deposit and when you disturb the soil it dissappears. the other thing that has happened to me is that i hit the coin when i dig and it pushes it sideways so that it is now on it's edge. and then there are the times that just leave you scratching your head. if it happens too often, you might want to back off on your sensitivity. this will help.

Yep, that happens to me alot and it happend 3 times yesterday, Its very frustrating. Yesterday I found a tiny little peice of foil that was the culprit after spending alot of time digging and pinpointing.
A couple weeks ago I had a really good signal at 5 inches and was consistent could not find the target, kept digging and pinpointing and was at about 8 inches, well beyond the depth the detector was telling me, then finally came upon a can of some kind.

just keep digging, its there, most times just 1 more scoop of dirt, it happens alot an you don't need a pinpointer for this. your coil will find it just move the dirt around a little bit.

Ya its happened quite a bit to me. Some ive seen has been the coin getting stuck in the dirt attached to the digger...especially if the ground is a little wet and the coin will fall out on top of the ground and roll away sometimes too. Just look around and be careful when digging....also sensitivity setting could be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom