My oldest gold find...

Dino - UK

...Was this piece of Bronze Age ring money, Tiger type. Gold on a bronze core. 19mm x17mm x7mm and weighing 11.9 grams. Dating from 1100 -600 BC.

ringmoney.jpg

This has now been declared treasure under British law and bought by my local museum.

And it was what????? and how much was it worth??? :?: :?: That was some entrance to the forum, glad to see your onboard. I think you are going to give us some great pictures :yes:

WOW, that is way too cool, I learned something new today, I had never heard of ring money before today, you guys in the UK come up with some really interesting finds !!!

spittfire said:
And it was what????? and how much was it worth??? :?: :?: That was some entrance to the forum, glad to see your onboard. I think you are going to give us some great pictures :yes:

I could tell you what I got for it....but I would have to kill you. :lol:

It works out about £100 ($200) per gram.

Nice one Dino!!

a beautiful find and nearly as old as Mother Natures gold. :D

Have not talked to you in a long time Gerry. Do you still have the old Lobo ST I sold you?

Tom Z

Holy Cow!

I think I wrote to you about how envious I am of your fertile hunting grounds in Europe. That is a great piece of money. I have never seen a real one at auction in the US yet.

We saw one sell in Hong Kong a few years back. I think it sold for over $4K but its been a long time.

Congrats on a hell of a good find!

Col. Paul Robb

Back
Top Bottom