Which would you buy?

Steeler1

So I'm thinking a middle of the road detector. Can you please help me decide between these? I need to pick one of these. (Walmart credit card).

Fisher f44
Whites treasure Master (or pro)
Garrett 350.
X-Terra 505

Coin/jewelry hunting.

Xterra 505 all day out of that line up.Youll be glad you did.Very stable,very good ID, nicest tones,very good coil selection and cheap used,just Soo many features

On)y one I used of your list was the 350, and not a fan, wouldn't suggest that one.

So I'm thinking a middle of the road detector. Can you please help me decide between these? I need to pick one of these. (Walmart credit card).

Fisher f44
Whites treasure Master (or pro)
Garrett 350.
X-Terra 505

Coin/jewelry hunting.

The only one is your list I am familiar with is the Garret 350.

Found Indian Head Pennies, Antique Silver, buckles........ Found some nice coins, jewelry and silver with it.

The only one from your list that I've used is the 505. Not a bad detector but there are better detectors to pick from in that price range. Look at a good used MXT or MXT Pro, Omega version 5 or 6, etc. From YOUR list I'd go with the F44 in a heart beat. It's weatherproof and has a lot of great reviews.

beephead

I agree with beephead, you should be able to get a good used MXT in that price range. You would then be getting into the performance of upper end detectors.

Yes, I know. But I wanted to use my Walmart credit card. I got like $350 cash though and am exploring my options. If that will buy me a used, more upper end detector, then I will prob do that. I haven't decided weather I want to get the best used I can with my $350. Or use that towards a more upper detector + use my Walmart credit card for the rest. Saving more is not an option. I want one now. lol

Yes, I know. But I wanted to use my Walmart credit card. I got like $350 cash though and am exploring my options. If that will buy me a used, more upper end detector, then I will prob do that. I haven't decided weather I want to get the best used I can with my $350. Or use that towards a more upper detector + use my Walmart credit card for the rest. Saving more is not an option. I want one now. lol

What are you swinging now? What type of hunting do you do (land,water,coin,relic,etc.)? You can buy any MD on walmart.com but your not gonna get the best deal unfortunately. I understand you need to use the Walmart credit card though. Just make sure you get the md that matches your needs best for the long haul in your price range. If you can swing it I would say the atpro.

Thank you for asking important questions. I used to have an mxt pro. I liked it allot but it was too noisy for me. I didn't like it too much. Very chattery. I found myself wishing I had an m6 instead. Simplicity but powerful. Supposed to be an excellent coin shooter. I can save for a little longer if need be, not keen on using credit anyway. A few more weeks, and I guess I'll have $600 to spend. I'm assuming that should be sufficient for a mid range detector.

I do not like learning allot of new tech things. I want a simple machine with reasonable depth capabilities. I would get an m6 now, but am not sure if a newer machine with newer technology makes a diff.

Don't get ACE as they don't have ground balance. You can get a detector with ground balance for this money.

Back
Top Bottom