Question for you fort hunters

Charlie Tuna

Elite Member
I was curious, I have been detecting a fort where there are very few remnants left besides the two original stone buildings. I have found a few other buildings and things in my searches but I was curious how to tack down where a corral is, what sort of things do you find in and around corrals? There are no posts left and I think I have it tacked, but would like some in put.

I was curious, I have been detecting a fort where there are very few remnants left besides the two original stone buildings. I have found a few other buildings and things in my searches but I was curious how to tack down where a corral is, what sort of things do you find in and around corrals? There are no posts left and I think I have it tacked, but would like some in put.

Wish I could help you there, not sure on how one would go by locating one. I guess you would just have to hit all around. I would think you would have found one if you have a bunch of horse tack from one particular area. Happy hunting!:grin:

I also hunt a fort and all the buildings are long gone. I hunt till i find iron then slow down and search it good I found a spot that is full of mule shoes and tack I believe is the stable the pics are some of the shoes. you can also google earth the area and look for lines in ground where the wall once was keep us updated on your finds

Attachments

• DSC03341.jpg
    DSC03341.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC03342.jpg
    DSC03342.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 151
Back
Top Bottom