Amazing Condition CW Button

rizar33

Went out with Pagordon yesterday to a spot he keeps secret. First off, thank you for taking me there and hosting me for the day! I am not going into details about the location or how the day went or anything like that as that is Pagordon's choice to share. I will however share this AMAZING condition button!! When I first dug it I thought it was some fancy womens coat button or something. Then I brushed a bit of the dirt off and saw the eagle!! I couldn't believe it!! Well after getting home and eating some grub I finally rinsed it off and started to do some research and I believe it is a Civil War Staff Officers Button. It measures 23mm in diameter. It even has some of the gilding on it! I saw the Indian War buttons which look the same, but they appear to have less stars around them and according to Shiloh Relics on the web it should be a civil war era button. Regardless I am pretty stoked and will try and get some more research done about this particular spot for Pagordon!

Attachments

• CWSOB Front.jpg
    CWSOB Front.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 801
  • CWSOB Back.jpg
    CWSOB Back.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 784
  • CWSOB Side.jpg
    CWSOB Side.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 791
Yeah I'm pretty jealous of that button. You forgot to mettion the Indian head penny you found at the same site. You kicked my butt this time but I wont let you win next time :D The site's have lots of good areas you just have to hike a little to get to them. Make next time ill have something to post.

very cool button, that is a keeper for sure. thanks for posting. HH blev

You know since we live in PA I think a guy from Central PA should get invited to come hunt some CW stuff. ;) Id be more then glad to swap you guys for a trophy arrowhead/metal detecting hunt in the Susquehanna Valley!!!! Great find brother :scooter:

Really awesome find. I love relics. I think anything from the Civil War or The Revolutionary War would be the "ultimate top of the list finds" for me. I would love to hunt for Civil War relics someday......Very jealous of you guys that live in the areas where the war took place. I live in western PA...TOO far away to realistically hope for any CW items.

Back
Top Bottom