Can anyone Help?

R R Stace

I have been out quite a bit lately. My question is when I MD on dirt or anywhere else for that matter my Ace 250 works great. Im finding alot of coins. The problem is that I havent found a single silver coins and when on the beaches I haven't found anything at all. Am I doing something wrong or are my settings wrong. I set my Ace 250 to coins mode and Notche out nickles because all I find is trash. By notching out nickles am I blocking silver coins?

Also any tips for beach hunting would be greatly appreicated. The beaches is where I want to MD but with absolutely zero luck Im getting frustrated a bit.
Please help if you can

Thanks in Advance
RR Stace

I don't have an Ace 250, but I can tell you that some beaches get swept by large machines which remove trash. Still, you would think you'd find something now and then.

I have been out quite a bit lately. My question is when I MD on dirt or anywhere else for that matter my Ace 250 works great. Im finding alot of coins. The problem is that I havent found a single silver coins and when on the beaches I haven't found anything at all. Am I doing something wrong or are my settings wrong. I set my Ace 250 to coins mode and Notche out nickles because all I find is trash. By notching out nickles am I blocking silver coins?

Also any tips for beach hunting would be greatly appreicated. The beaches is where I want to MD but with absolutely zero luck Im getting frustrated a bit.
Please help if you can

Thanks in Advance
RR Stace

By notching out nickels you're not going to find any gold for sure pulltabs are in the same range...

When you're on the beach its best to dig it all...

silver coins are not just laying everywhere.I have been hunting for over 1 1/2 years an have at least 5-6000 coins but only 1 silver dime. beaches get hunted almost everyday so if your going to finding anything at the beach you will have to dig every thing an 99.9% of the time it will not be very old.

I tried three beaches and have found less than $3.00 total. Just too much competition. Try to get out ASAP after any major events to up the odds.

As far as silver coins, virgin territory would your best shots. Except for one silver dime, my meager silver finds have been on private property (neighbor's and co-worker that gave me permission to hunt).

went to the beach on friday and after 3 hours i had 2 pennies. my partner was using a dfx. all he found was a dime and a penny.

I wouldnt notch out anything in coin mode. I also have the ace 250 at first I wasnt sure about it,but after detecting about a month or so,I think its just fine.
Ive noticed on mine when theres a coin,it will stay on the icon of the coin pretty solid. When it bounces from a penny ,to a quarter,back by the nickel area 9 time out of 10 its garbage.
As far as the silver goes,there out there,but I would say finding a silver coin at a beach is probally slim to none. The beach is only good for modern money and jewlery "Ive heard stories about people finding old gold and silver stuff washing up after many years,sure its possible. But when I go to the beach I dont count on anything but modern stuff"
If you want silver your gonna have to find older houses like from the 50's or older. I only found one silver dime,and that was in my own backyard,my house was built in the early 50's and I got a 46 dime,So ask people that you might know when there house was built and if you can search then your chances for old silver is that much better.
But for average searching the beach hasnt been that good to me,I find minimal stuff,"but its not in season yet for me" so my favorite places that I search has been play ground where they have swings and stuff and has mulch and wood chips,I found alot of coins there. All modern but still,its easy digging and usually find alot of coins beside pennies.
Well good luck and HH

Keep on trying. As all have stated above you will not find too much silver on a beach. If you want to find old coins try friends yards where the house is at least as old as the coins you wish to find. (Ask first of course)

Patience is the key. You're not going to find silver coins every time out, they are the exception, not the rule. In 2 years of detecting, I've dug exactly 6 silver coins. I've actually found much more silver and gold jewelry than silver coins. Be patient, learn your machine, and research the areas you hunt, and the silver will come!

My wife and myself do beaches all the time with our 250aces.
We always have ours set on Jewellery mode and you will still pick up the coins.
Yep it's just a matter of being patient and dig dig dig, if you don't dig a lot you won't find a lot.
Dig everything till you can tell what's under that coil.
It'll come with lots of practice.

Back
Top Bottom