Problem with Ace 250

Snout

I've had my Ace 250 for about 2 months. About a month ago I turned it on and it wouldn't detect anything. So I unplugged the coil, plugged it back in and it started working again. Since then no problems until today.

I turned it on, and it won't detect anything. I unplugged and plugged in the coil and it worked for about a minute but then went dead again. The power is on, the batteries are fine, I'm in all metal mode, and when I swing it over coins or any other metal I don't get a reading on the screen or any kind of sound. Sometimes if I plug the coil connector in about half way but tilted to the side so only some of the pins connect it works. I called Garrett and they told me to send it in but that means 10 days without a detector. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a bad coil? Is there a known problem with the 250s? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

If you plug the connector all the way in and wiggle the cord close to the connector, does it work? Even occasionally? If yes, then you may have a bad solder in the connector or a wire is broken near the connector and when you twist the cord it occasionally connects. Such thing is not hard to fix but as your unit is still covered by warranty I'd consider sending it in. 10 days isn't that lomg, at least you don't have to send it overseas :P

Voriax

I had a problem with the connector on my ACE 250. I called Garrett and they sent me a new coil right away.

Back
Top Bottom