depth

kurt

will my bounty hunter ssII go deep enough to find silver coins all i have been finding is clad( not complaining though)the deepest i have found anything is about 3-4 inches. i have been hunting old parks and i havent seen anybody in a long time detecting these parks. just curious thanks for the help you guys are great

Kurt, while many old silver coins will tend to be at some depth, I personally have found, and many here have as well, plenty of silver coins at the three to four inch mark, so the possibility of finding them where you hunt is there. The question now is, has the park you've been detecting been hit before, and if so, how often and how thoroughly? If that has been the case, it poses a challenge.

Still, no park is hunted out. There are good targets that have no doubt been missed, and you would be surprised at how many of them are within the first five inches of soil. It just requires time, patience and some work to find them. Keep at it! It's simply a matter of time. :)

thanks angellionel maybe i need to work on my patience and when im not thinking about finding silver it will show up thanks again

The Sharp Shooter II is a very deep detecting machine, if there are any there, you will find them. For more depth, hunt in desc. with desc. knob all the clockwise to lowest setting. Turn your sens. all the way up. You will get falsing if you don't secure the coil cable tight against the shaft. I have the Landstar and with the cable tightly secured, I can run it at wide open all the time. I have (without exageration) dug a merc. dime at 9 inches. Most all coins will be in the 3 to 4 inch range...even being in the ground for over 60 years unless the soil has been desturbed or fill dirt has been put over it.(as with the case of the merc) If you use the autonotch setting you will lose about an inch or two, but you will dig less trash while still detecting coins. Hope this helps.

Kurt, your "sharp shooter" will go deeper. I don't know where you live, but if it has been dry, like here in Florida, (drought conditions) you will find ground penetration low. wet soil will increase conductivity better. If it's not too dry, you will find depth better in the early morning as the ground during the night tends to "wick" up moisture, only to have the sun dry it during the day. Grassy areas and woods tend to be damper. You will find depth better after a long rain. The woods that are always shaded will provide more depth as well........Of course, just my opinion....Gil

I have a SSII also, it will find them, you will can spend more and not get more depth just a better indication of what you are about to dig (especially around multiple targets). My guess is the silver that may be left is just hard to find. If you are finding any copper (before 82) you are doing it right for the silver that may be left. If others had hit on those coppers I think they would have been dug. :yes:

thanks for all the info i will keep pluging away it will come someday thanks again

Back
Top Bottom