Curb strip silver

modeltguy

I decided to try a curb strip for the first time. I have only been at this for about 10 weeks. I picked a spot not far from the local university where there has been a lot of pedestrian traffic for years. Hunted about half of a 200 foot strip and found some clad of course but also a .925 silver ring weighing in at about 5 grams. Probably not worth 3 bucks but it sure made my day. I wore a safety vest and hard hat-looked official-and no one even acknowledged my existence.

I dont bother with trying to look like a construction worker on the curb strips. Just be polite and respectful to anyone you may meet and try to detect around houses that dont have a really nice landscape. Curb strips are an excellent spot to find some silver coins and if you start hitting wheat pennies well your in the right spot GL HH

Somewhere on the interwebs there is info on dating curb strips. Most of my curb-stripping has been in construction areas. my theory is the oldest ones have the best shot at treasure, but they may just have the most trash.
I have a safety green goodwill tshirt from the water company that seems to make me invisible. I don't even get the friendly "find anything" questions, and nobody asks for change.

Yeah Scooter, that's one thing I noticed too--no "find anything?" or any other greeting at all. I guess they figure you are looking for a power line or something. That was my intention.

Good job on the silver.
I wear a safetly vest everytime I detect no matter where I am.
I thought about using orange cones around my van as well. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom