Wasn't even looking for a permission - and I got a good one.

BottleCapKing

Elite Member
Was hunting in my test park last night. As I was leaving, a guy pulls up next to me, asks me what I am hunting for, etc. He then tells me I can hunt on some of his property. He then tells me this piece of property was the training grounds/drilling grounds for the local militia during the Revolutionary War.

He also told me it was under about 5 feet of grass and it wouldn't be mowed until late fall.

So. Freakin. Excited.

This would explain all of the musket balls that I have found at the far end of my test park and give an age to them.

That sounds exciting! :cool:

Be sure to detect along any ancient stone walls and both sides if you can. The guys often sat down on these during musters and training.

Let us know how it goes after they hay that place.

Gee, I haven't worked on of these yet......;):roll:;)

Great job securing permission bud! Hopefully I can get out there with ya after you find all the reales and gold sovereign coins lol HH!

Oh man what a sweet spot that could be!! Congrats and I can't wait to see what comes from there!

Was hunting in my test park last night. As I was leaving, a guy pulls up next to me, asks me what I am hunting for, etc

Cool, these rare occurrences is why I would hold my smart arse tongue.

Congrats on the great permission.....that is as long as he's not like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

Very nice of him, not too many people like that. I would show him anything you find and ask if he wants it, chances are he won't take anything. Maybe ask him if he wants to detect with you too.

Always good to be in the right place at the right time.:yes: Best of luck on what sounds like a GREAT hunting spot.:D Let us know how it turns out.

I checked on the Muster Field this weekend and it has FINALLY been mowed. I just hope I get a chance to hunt it before the ground freezes.

That is awesome! Good luck with the searching of that property, but I think our season is over until Spring. It will be a great way to start the new season. HH

Back
Top Bottom