Buckroe Beach will open to metal detectors again

So you get a beep beep beep dig and BANG????

Closed because they don't want you to find ordanance. BUT a swimmer can push a shell with his foot????????

Insane. They don't want detectorists to find it so they can remove it. They want people to step on it and pretend it isn't there.

WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT??????????????????????????????????????????

Why not close the beach to EVERYBODY. No can't do that. We will just let people step on it and not worry about it.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this at all????

That article is STUPID to say the least. Detectorists, get your badge of courage. If you dig a shell and it explodes, at least they will know by your badge that you were allowed to be there.

Really, this is unbelievable!!

The way I read this, is that the beach WAS closed, but is now OPEN
You just need to be made aware of health and safety issues.

I don't see the problem. :?:

Beach was closed to detectorists to find the stuff but it was open for swimmers.

That is the problem. If you read the article a swimmer pushed a shell with his foot.

It should have been closed to EVERYBODY if they were that worried. But instead of letting us find it and make it safer for the swimmers, They kept us out and let the swimmers accidently find it.

I take all the trash out of swimming areas. I would have notified them of any explosives had I found them instead of letting the swimmers push ordanance with their feet.

It should have been closed to EVERYBODY if they were that worried.

Yes you have a point, but I doubt if the authorities would have been keen on detectorists looking for possible live munitions.

Most ordnance is ok until you disturb it, which a swimmer is unlikely to do.
But I wonder how many children were making sand castles ?

Does anyone here detect in that area ?

Back
Top Bottom