!!!!Cival War ID Tag!!!

That's what it's all about for me. I'd take that over just about any buckle I can think of. Congrats!!

Is there a way to cross reference the history of the regiment with where you found the tag? Would be cool to be able to zero in on a date it was lost.
Congrats on a great find.

all i can say is awesome find i have always been a nut for the civil war!!
wish that tag could talk just think of the stories it would tell u!!!
again congrats on the find HH!!

Teknetics delta 4000 garrett pro pointer, lesch digger , gator digger

That's an awesome find! Glad you found out the history of the soldier. Have you been able to determine if the area you found it in was someplace the regiment served?

Is there a way to cross reference the history of the regiment with where you found the tag? Would be cool to be able to zero in on a date it was lost.
Congrats on a great find.

The ID tag was found along an old stage route in which Gen. Morgan and his raiders used after stealing horses and other suplies in a small SE OH town. I don't think the 144th was in on the pursuit of Morgan Raiders. They left this town with the Union cavalry in hot pursuit.It was mostly cavalry units from Ohio,Kentucky,and then WV. But I will check into it more. I think Mr. Scott just migrated west after the war like a lot soldiers and families did. I would bet he work and lived here for a while then continued west to settle in Nebraska.

Back
Top Bottom