can anyone here read/interpret Japanese?

rlhjr72

I found this .925 pendant and necklace at a local park today, I'm interested in what the pendant means. From the research I've done it is Kanji script but can't find any resources that can translate it.

I may give this find to my wife or daughter...depending on what it says, of course :laughing:

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 278
Thanks T-Man, it was actually an eyeball find while detecting, right on top. Maybe even dropped this morning. Under some tall pine trees where the millennial hippies hang their hammocks.

Tried doing a photo search and I found this, not saying this is it, but a possibility is it might be someone's name translated into Japanese, or it might just be a "saying".

12212215_719198744881190_641395545_n.jpg

The problem you are going to have is the Kanji on the item is pretty bad. Hard to make out all of the proper strokes.

Also it may be the reversed side shown in the photo, hard to tell. I think you would need someone to be able to hold it and flip it around in order to get a good idea of what it says.

And to add further confusion some Chinese words will use the same symbols but may mean something different.

Ray

Just make up something cool and tell them thats what it means.. who is really going to know??? :lol:

Japanese speaker here - not much of a reader, though. I can confirm at least that the pendant is correctly oriented in the photo. Like Ray said, Chinese, Japanese, and even Korean can draw from the same set of symbols. Coupled with the hard-to-read style of the pendant, it's impossible for me to say what language it's in, much less translate it.

It says "Make me a sammich" :laughing::laughing::D

But seriously, I think there is a member who lives in Okinawa. Maybe that would be your best shot. I've been looking to see if I could find who it is, but no luck so far.

I found this .925 pendant and necklace at a local park today, I'm interested in what the pendant means. From the research I've done it is Kanji script but can't find any resources that can translate it.

I may give this find to my wife or daughter...depending on what it says, of course :laughing:

Japanese speaker here - not much of a reader, though. I can confirm at least that the pendant is correctly oriented in the photo. Like Ray said, Chinese, Japanese, and even Korean can draw from the same set of symbols. Coupled with the hard-to-read style of the pendant, it's impossible for me to say what language it's in, much less translate it.

If you do find someone to translate... Let me know. I have a tattoo I need translated too. :wow:

My son who has lived in japan and Taiwan and speaks Japanese and Chinese,thinks the last word is prosperity but finds the rest hard to read the script.

I know karate, Judo, jujitsu, kung fu and 7 other Japanese words. Sorry I am of no help.

HEY GKL, YOU STOLE my pink cat!! That is copyrighted. YOU OWE ME.

Not sure if you're just being funny or being serious, if serious, I had no idea it was yours personally just thought it likely just was a free gif you got from online.

.....but thinking your being funny.....

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here ya go you can take it back......
laughingdt8.gif

......and have a few extras too..... s0221.gif smiley_6.gif s0225.gif

:hmmm:........but if you're being serious :?: :shock: ......let me know and I won't use it anymore :sorry2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom