Great morning for a hunt

jadocs

Forum Supporter
Got out this morning for a hunt at a local beach. Took the Excal II and Beach Hunter with me. Got in the water for the first time, and that is definitely where it's at. I need to start looking for some booties and a dry suit. Really enjoyed it. No gold or silver, but really had fun. The weather was beautiful.

After a few hours I decided to get the Beach Hunter and test it out after the coil swap. No issues getting a ground balance, but noticed I did need to re-ground balance when moving from dry sand to the water. When hunting in all metal it hits deeper than I want to dig (dry sand). I did notice that the LED indicators do not always light up in all metal if the target is really deep. It could take about two to three scoops with the 920iX before the LEDs light up. Did not spend a whole lot of time hunting in discrimination mode, but my feeling is it does not go as deep as the Excal in disc.

All the testing with the Beach Hunter in all metal & LED indicators is really making me want to get the pin point mod for the Blue 1000.

Anyway nothing worthy to show for my efforts today, but as I told my wife when I started beach hunting...you can't put a price on fun lol.

Getting in the water is addictive. Especially when you start hitting thing in cuts and low spots. Keep after it and it will pay off. I would recommend some thick soled wadding shoes or diving boots. Rocks - glass -nails etc will get you fast. I was out a few weeks ago and dug a target and it was a 9 inch dagger. I'll post it soon.

Getting in the water is addictive. Especially when you start hitting thing in cuts and low spots. Keep after it and it will pay off. I would recommend some thick soled wadding shoes or diving boots. Rocks - glass -nails etc will get you fast. I was out a few weeks ago and dug a target and it was a 9 inch dagger. I'll post it soon.

Cool dirtydog thanks. Yeah post that dagger!

Back
Top Bottom