16 here going to be in the 50s by the middle of the week

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 140
I have a heat light in my coop they stay under it.
I've placed a heat lamp over the hens for years, and discovered they really don't need it. I just make sure the coop is draft-free at nite, and they do fine. Although the temp gets below zero here, the birds are better off if they're hardened up, although egg production stops.:no:

The squirrels havnt even been out for the past 3 days..Its not THE coldest we have seen, and its supposed to break up into the 30's in a day or two, and the Winter seems to be shorter or moving farther around the Calendar than before...like Jan/Feb/Mar...
It used to ice up in November and be good and frozen until April..at least thats what I remember..
Mud.

The squirrels havnt even been out for the past 3 days..Its not THE coldest we have seen, and its supposed to break up into the 30's in a day or two, and the Winter seems to be shorter or moving farther around the Calendar than before...like Jan/Feb/Mar...
It used to ice up in November and be good and frozen until April..at least thats what I remember..
Mud.

I have noticed the winter moving father a round the calendar to. Same here in my area used to start snowing last of October and didn't see the ground till April. Now it is warm clear up till January my brother and I have a hard time making Maple syrup. Used to start 1 March tapping our trees now it's usually 1 February. Hard to get the right weather conditions either too hot to cold for the trees to produce a good flow

I have noticed the winter moving father a round the calendar to. Same here in my area used to start snowing last of October and didn't see the ground till April. Now it is warm clear up till January my brother and I have a hard time making Maple syrup. Used to start 1 March tapping our trees now it's usually 1 February. Hard to get the right weather conditions either too hot to cold for the trees to produce a good flow

We tap too! Amazing! Once that sap starts running, all hands on deck! I will say this which you may find interesting...We have a lot of Sassafras trees around here in West Michigan...I make all my tree taps out of 'frass branches, tapered and bored and fast and easy...Then, I boil a 'frass root in with the sap, and stir it with a Sassafras stick as well...it gives the final product a hint of 'rootbeer' flavor!...friggin Awesome!

Yeah, timing the sap run is a real trick!..I hate it that my inlaws dump on my hard earned syrup like its Aunt Jemima though. Like no appreciation! Just pouring it on like its nothing! :mad: Running/boiling sap is tough duty! A little bit of home made syrup can go a long way!
Mud

...I hate it that my inlaws dump on my hard earned syrup like its Aunt Jemima though. Like no appreciation! Just pouring it on like its nothing! :mad: Running/boiling sap is tough duty! A little bit of home made syrup can go a long way!
Mud

Really, Mud? You begrudge them a little syrup when they provided you with your wife?

Back
Top Bottom