Short hunt, Confederate button and silver quarter!

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
Well the weather was finally nice for the afternoon so I ran out for a couple hours to a spot I have been a lot. Finds are getting thinner here, but today was amazing. I ended up getting a solid tone and on the dig I pulled a 1935 US Quarter, first one in a while! While pulling a grid around the area I got a lower tone on the nox and thought it was going to turn into a small coin spill from the same person. BUT! Pulled the plug and was shocked to find a big coat button sitting in the dirt. I wiped a little dirt away and saw the silhouette of the Virginia seal. I have not found one of these yet, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but this should be my first ~confirmed~ Confederate find.

Thanks for looking!

Well, I would say that site now qualifies for a "Long" hunt. I already smell the plates.

I've actually been beating it up for over a year. It's a large wooded area and I've found the major hot spots with civil war activity and then a few camps from colonial logging for the navy. If you scroll through my posts you can see those finds. I'm kind of just finding the random single items here and there still.

Thanks again guys!

Back
Top Bottom