What kind of Headphones for organized hunt?

kamogawa

I will be hunting at Treasure Week next month in Indiana and would like everyone's recommendation for detector headphones. I have a cheap KOSS brand from Wal*Mart, but need to really get it in gear and get a pair that is better quality. I trust all of you to give me some great advice. Thanks! :?:

that really depends on what like and how much ya wanna spend, if the Koss headphones seem to be workin for ya i'd keep using them.

I had a cheap pair from Wal Mart that were ok for my backup and to take on vacation.
Then my Killer B's went bad so I have to send them in for repair, but I wanted a better pair if I was going to hunt with a replacement for awhile.

Found these at Sears on sale for about $24 and they work great.
Not quite as good as my B's for top quality sound, but way closer than my cheap Sony's.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05793223000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

Had to get an in volume control from Radio Shack for about $6 since none of my backups have a volume control.

Wireless headphones?

I have heard a lot of people talk about wireless headphones from Radio Shack.
I wonder how well this would work in an organized hunt or should I just stick with the old-fashioned traditional headphones.

I have heard a lot of people talk about wireless headphones from Radio Shack.
I wonder how well this would work in an organized hunt or should I just stick with the old-fashioned traditional headphones.

i wouldn't advise it, they would possibly interfere with each other if someone else at the hunt has the same pair. i have a second pair of the 2.4 ghz radio shack wireless and when i run both detectors with the wireless together i get interference.

Headphones in a group hunt

i wouldn't advise it, they would possibly interfere with each other if someone else at the hunt has the same pair. i have a second pair of the 2.4 ghz radio shack wireless and when i run both detectors with the wireless together i get interference.

Thanks dogpound. I think you have saved me from what might have been big problems in the hunt field. My gut feeling was that the Radio Shack wireless headphones were not the best choice for that type of situation. I need a good paid of traditional headphones with the wire that expands and contracts so I won't get tangled up in a long cord and keep unplugging them from the detector.

glad ta help....for non-group hunts i'd highly suggest the radio shack 33-283 wireless, they are lightweight, have no delay, great battery life and the freedom of being wireless is priceless :D

Back
Top Bottom