Check this digging tool out...

Cool! I have a big-digger but just broke my little-digger (garden shovel)

May just have to pick up one of these bad boys.

i have just broke my Ames so this could be good, How sturdy is it?, but with a lifetime warrenty i guess it dont matter right, maybe buy two.

I have one, I ground a serrated edge on the smooth side, works well.

Attachments

• MD (3).jpg
    MD (3).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 590
  • MD (1).jpg
    MD (1).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 591
i have just broke my Ames so this could be good, How sturdy is it?, but with a lifetime warrenty i guess it dont matter right, maybe buy two.

I have seen others on here with it, but they have cut the rubber just wear it meets the handle, so they can access the weld there and make it stronger. I guess people have snapped them off there. Also people have filled in the tip to make it a solid point. And as the user above did he serrated the other side.

I thought vs a $40 lesch tool it wold do to buy a couple. I do like the idea of grinding another serration on it.

THE ONLY THING iI DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT IS THE TANG DON'T GO ALL THE WAY THROW THE HANDLE AND IT BRAKES OFF. BUT FOR THE MULLA ITS A GOOD DEAL.:yes:

THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT IS THE TANG DON'T GO ALL THE WAY THROW THE HANDLE AND IT BRAKES OFF. BUT FOR THE MULLA ITS A GOOD DEAL.:yes:

Seriously everyone, the newly designed gator digger from kellyco for $19.95 is an awesome tool. Its not like the older version.

I have seen others on here with it, but they have cut the rubber just wear it meets the handle, so they can access the weld there and make it stronger. I guess people have snapped them off there. Also people have filled in the tip to make it a solid point. And as the user above did he serrated the other side.

Yep, I filled the Tang of mine with Stainless Steel (309l) ground it down and it works WAAAAAAAY better than it did before. Those sharp points make it harder to get into the ground and they WILL scratch up your Coin/Relic VERY easily. Welding the Tip closed is the key and doing so, allows it to go into the ground like butter. I prefer only ONE serrated edge and it makes it so that the Wedges/Plugs go back into the ground beautifully while cutting roots is a breeze. Adding a couple of tack welds to the front of the handle is a good idea too.

Either way, It's a great Tool for the little bit of CASH.

Have one

So far this is working well for me, bought it at my local hardware store for about the same as listed. Well see how long it lasts.
I also have:
http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Yard-and-Garden/Digging-Tools/Big-Grip-Transplanter

Which is a good digger for harder soil.

I use the $1.50 plastic hand shovel from Fred Meyer if the dirt is already soft (or sand).
http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Yard-and-Garden/Digging-Tools/Trowel-durable-FiberComp-R
I have broken 1 so far, but for $1.50 the ability to run my propointer without having to move the shovel out of the way is nice. I bought a few to have.

With a lifetime warranty and and for $9 shipped its half price of retail from sponsors.

I'm going to check walmart for one of these as someone said they seen them. My digging tool to start with isn't the best.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom