• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Should I open these?

jkbemdavis

Elite Member
So I've never come across a box of halves like this before. Every single ended is a 1995p as far as I can tell. They are all in great shape. Am I wasting my time looking for silver, and are these marketable as is ? There is no guarantee that all coins are the same date because I haven't opened any rolls yet.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpg
    IMG_2199.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 213
I would open a few. See what's in them. If these came from a bank the same year they were made they'd probably be the same year and uncirculated since they may have come straight from the mint. Maybe call a coin store and get their opinion.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You could list those on ePay as uncirculated, when you sell you’ll only be in the hole about $50 after fees!

Thanks for your thoughts. I opened four rolls and as I thought all are 1995 p and are uncirculated. The only marks are on the two coins on the outside edge from being rolled. I'll see if there is any interest from local collectors, shops, Or eBay. If not, I'll probably keep a few for myself and the rest will go back to the bank.

KT sees a lot of 95, 96, 97, and 98 mint fresh halves in His Royal Boxes. So it appears some collectors are just dumping them. If they are truly uncs, then keep a few rolls and dump the rest. Since they are not silver, they are probably worth....$10.00 per roll.

Here is another idea....Check your local coin club. They may have auction night and if they do, put a few rolls in their auction with a minimum $12/roll bid and see if anyone bothers to bid them up! If there are a couple of budding collectors there, you might be surprised what could happen when bidding war takes over!:laughing::laughing:

KT sees a lot of 95, 96, 97, and 98 mint fresh halves in His Royal Boxes. So it appears some collectors are just dumping them. If they are truly uncs, then keep a few rolls and dump the rest. Since they are not silver, they are probably worth....$10.00 per roll.

Here is another idea....Check your local coin club. They may have auction night and if they do, put a few rolls in their auction with a minimum $12/roll bid and see if anyone bothers to bid them up! If there are a couple of budding collectors there, you might be surprised what could happen when bidding war takes over!:laughing::laughing:

Thanks for the thoughts. I will do that next time. I actually had a few rolls set aside to keep but when the local coin guy showed no interest I decided to turn them all in. The good news is I was able to pick up a fresh bag of coin machine pennies and nickels to hunt on some rainy or slow night.

Thanks for the thoughts. I will do that next time. I actually had a few rolls set aside to keep but when the local coin guy showed no interest I decided to turn them all in. The good news is I was able to pick up a fresh bag of coin machine pennies and nickels to hunt on some rainy or slow night.

Alright! More goodies to look through! :D:D

Back
Top Bottom