Time for a backup pinpointer

upstatedigger

Forum Supporter
My propointer is giving me signs that it might be a good idea for a backup. I ll change the battery and see if it helps, but regardless I d hate to be without so it's time for a backup. Any reason not to go with the x pointer ? Seems like a relatively decent price and I haven't heard any bad things yet ? Without causing a podding contest about which is the best pinpointer, I m curious about people's thoughts about the xpointer.

I like my X Pointer about equally with the ProPointer. They both do the job, and they're both pretty much comparable as far as weight and how they're made. The X Pointer has two buttons and that's the main difference as far as actual use. So for the money, the X being quite a bit less, IMO why not?

I bought an xpointer for a backup and it turned into my primary pointer when using my Fisher but it doesn't get along with my AT Pro at all and causes too much interference so I use the pro pointer when I use the AT Pro.

Thank you both for your replies. Good to hear, and good to know it plays nice with fishers. Sounds like it should be fine with my f 75. Having a propointer myself, appreciate that you both have the same frame of reference. Is it comparable in size to the propointer, as in, do you think it will fit in the propointer sized loop on my bomb sheath made by forum member buzz Wilson ? (Which is awesome by the way and I highly recommend it. )
Thanks for your replies !

Thank you both for your replies. Good to hear, and good to know it plays nice with fishers. Sounds like it should be fine with my f 75. Having a propointer myself, appreciate that you both have the same frame of reference. Is it comparable in size to the propointer, as in, do you think it will fit in the propointer sized loop on my bomb sheath made by forum member buzz Wilson ? (Which is awesome by the way and I highly recommend it. )
Thanks for your replies !

I think it's pretty much a carbon copy of the propointer, size-wise, and it fits in the holster that came with my propointer, so yeah... and you're very welcome!

I had two pro-pointers and got an x-pointer for back up. Old story, never used the pro-pointer again and finally sold it. The X-pointer doesn't false, has better depth, brighter light and it's cheaper. Plus it has the same two year warranty. It also has a few more option settings. The only short coming is that it will miss tiny, tiny bits of foil and very small gold. Of course your metal detector might miss them as well.

I had two pro-pointers and got an x-pointer for back up. Old story, never used the pro-pointer again and finally sold it. The X-pointer doesn't false, has better depth, brighter light and it's cheaper. Plus it has the same two year warranty. It also has a few more option settings. The only short coming is that it will miss tiny, tiny bits of foil and very small gold. Of course your metal detector might miss them as well.

My propointer seems to miss gold too, so I guess I ll be allright 😆
Thanks !

Although I don't have experience with the x pointer, I've heard good things about it and, for the price, I'd say go for it. I would not buy another pro pointer.

Your post has given me informative answers also. Thank you OP and all of thee above.

Back
Top Bottom